Retro Games

JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Gaming
Hi.

I just stumbled across this page offering somewhat old games for free (legal:wtf:). I found several games that I've played previously and enjoyed, such as Police Quest 1, 2 and 3 and Wasteland.

Check it out, it may bring back fond memories from when games weren't all about gunning down a thousand mindless enemies or stunning graphics (altough they probably were at that time).
The site also gives links to emulators required to run these games.
The A-Z list over games is on the right side.
Enjoy!

Comments

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Another quite enjoyable one (though you have to pay per game) is www.gog.com . I've managed to find Fallout 1 and 2, and my personal favorite game of all time - Freespace 2 - on there. Doesn't seem to be quite as retro as what you've got there, though...

I wants me some commander keen! :D
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    GOG is fantastic.
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    Jokke, have you ever played through Wasteland. I'd like to and I've started it a few times but I have yet to stick with it.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Wasteland's masochistic difficulty always prevented me from delving deeper into the game. If it wasn't so hard to figure out what you are supposed to be doing, I could probably get into it.

Another recommendation to gog.com for old games guaranteed to work on newer systems for cheap and without strings (DRM) attached. I've been using gog for a while now and it gets my thumbs up. Hopefully their game library continues to grow.
  • waxwax the neroberg Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    abandonia is a sweet site, don't forget about scummvm! i must make a date with day of the tentacle (easily one of the greatest games ever) this week.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Another ^5 for Abandonia. I've also been checking out old Apple ][e and ][gs games using an emulator.
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I really like that Wasteland kinda just throws the player into the game with no preparation or help whatsoever. It's like a big, "Hey man, screw you. This is the nuclear holocaust." No floating pointers for where to head, no freebies. If you can't hack it, you die. It's more or less exactly how I'd imagine a nuclear holocaust to be.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Kwitko wrote:
    I've also been checking out old Apple ][e and ][gs games using an emulator.
    Karateka FTW!!!