Was that a suggestion?
  • MarushkaMarushka cambridge, ma Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Skylines
    bubbles
    books
    neon
    candy

Hey, peeps, you are more creative than me! If you have cool ideas shout em out! I just figured since the challenge didnt have any more ideas on hand and I want to keep taking pics, I will put my topics out there. Im sure people would much rather shoot pics for YOUR themes though! Maybe prime can mix these suggestions into some new ideas that come out.
  • Nate_LapTNate_LapT Ferndale MI. Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    swans
    Sandals
    SURPRISE!!
    There you are!!
    Working
    Thinking
    Falling
    Lost
    Shade
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Prime, psh. I CONTROL THIS CALENDAR.

Added.
    edited August 2009
    CD cover.

You are a rockstar. Bigger than the Jonas Brothers. Make your debut CD cover.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Marushka wrote:
    CD cover.

You are a rockstar. Bigger than the Jonas Brothers. Make your debut CD cover.
    Kinda like this, only with your own pic? http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69376
    edited August 2009
    oh i didnt even see that! Im still working my way around the website. If people think it's been done, then that's fine. It might be cool to do with whatever creative freedom you want! And plus I want to be a rockstar and thus I need a sweet album cover. The music will come to me later, im not worried about it :)
    edited August 2009
    Added. It's different enough (you're supposed to take the picture, not steal one off of flickr) to count.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Bump. I would love to get this going again
  • WattyzWattyz Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Ok, I'm a little lost. Is this the list and where we post pics, or is that somewhere else? You know I'm in! :)
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Wattyz wrote:
    Ok, I'm a little lost. Is this the list and where we post pics, or is that somewhere else? You know I'm in! :)
    Ideas for the challenge subjects are posted here. The actual challenge subject for each day/week/whatever will have its own discussion and results thread.
  • WattyzWattyz Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Thank you @mertesn. Coming in late to the game, but still wanna play!
  • KrystalleKrystalle Tampa Bay area, FL
    edited April 2011
    Bump, I'd be game to do this. A day might be tough, though. How about once a week?
    edited April 2011
    Weekly. I'm in. Let's get this started again.

Suggestion: distortions of scale. An oversized something or a miniature something (preferably with something else in frame that gives an idea of actual scale).

The calendar is still live - shall I make this due by next Sunday, the 24th?
    edited April 2011
    Sounds good to me. I'm not sure how I'd be able to do distortions of scale, but I'm willing to take a whack at it. :D

Hmm, after looking it up, I'm not sure I can do this. I only have a stock 18-55mm lens on my D40. Seems to be a trick of a wide-angle or telephoto lens used in the opposite fashion for which they're meant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perspective_distortion_%28photography%29

If you've any tips on how to do it with a stock lens, I'm all ears!
    edited April 2011
    I didn't mean photography tricks, I meant something like an oversized hat on a tiny head, or a miniature chess board being played by a human hand. Just a juxtaposition of something large versus something small, where one of them is abnormally so. That's what I intended to mean for "distortion." :)
    edited April 2011
    OH. Oops. My apologies for misunderstanding. :o I can definitely do that!

Now, need to figure out how. Hmmmm...
  • NullenVoydNullenVoyd Orlandish Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    So subject is suggested for the week, each person submits one photo by the end of the week to another thread? Everyone goes WHEE and the process is repeated? Do we allow 'shopping, images to be taken before that week, multiple submissions?
    edited April 2011
    The previous guidelines were that the photo must be explicitly taken for that day's (now week's) subject (so no previously-taken images), one official submission per person goes in a subject-specific thread, and other images could either be thrown in a different post (same thread) or a different thread for discussion on the other options. Some 'shopping is fine, though the intention is for photography more than digital art. :)

We schedule topics out in advance, so just leave suggestions here and we'll put them on the calendar.
    edited April 2011
    Ahh, good to hear. I was considering multiples, since we have a week. I'll pick the best then and use the rest for practice.

As for topics:
    * close-up (macro-type) shots
    * portraits
    * flowers
    * colors (pick any)
    * shapes (pick any)
    * shadows
    * bokeh
    * night shots
    * animals
    * black & white
    * smoke/fog
    * city street scenes
    * trees
    * water
    * construction/destruction
    * dawn/dusk
    * balloons
    * toys
    * graveyards
    * landmarks
    * metal
    * reflections
    * vases/glasses/bottles
    * food
    * textures
    * weather

That's all I've got for now. :D
    edited April 2011
    Quite the list! Mind if I schedule them for every other week right now to allow other people a chance at having some topics within the next half year? :p
    edited April 2011
    hahaha! No, I don't mind at all. Sorry! I just looked around my office and that's what I came up with. :D
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    edited October 2011
    Hmm I'm in a photography course so this might help me get down with taking pictures and practice. Actually looking at the time stamps of this thread I should start by asking if this is still taking place or If I'm tardy to the party...
    edited October 2011
    I think there are many that would like to do this again, though perhaps after Oktoberfest.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'd be interested in this, though I doubt I'd do a photo every day. I'd get burned out with that kind of commitment.

Do what you guys want, of course, but I'd probably only participate bi-weekly, like on Mondays and Fridays or something.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'm getting rusty with the ol' SLR. Haven't had much time lately, what with familial and domiciliary commitments. I would like to try my hand at this.
    edited October 2011
    I'm thinking two-photos-a-week is a good pace. Gives people a little time to plan and compose, and might prevent a quick burnout like we ended up with last time. If people agree, I'll modify the challenge officially.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    edited October 2011
    I'm liking the two photos a week thing because I agree with Bandrik; I would get burned out pretty quick if it was a photo a day.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'd be willing to try to get back into it at that pace.:)