OH MAN! OKTOBERFEST 2009!

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Talking to Chris today:

I'm going to talk to work soon about getting thursday, friday, and sat. off. That's a notre dame away game, so I think I can swing those days. Think. I'm just delaying a little bit before I ask them since I've asked for so much from them lately, I don't want to push my luck.

If work is like work and rejects the request (which does happen, as you guys know), I still plan on making an appearance. If not just for a day, I will show up.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited August 2009
    ^ Lynx better show at least some :-) I'm not sure it would be a first IC event for me without Bobby there.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Lynxie baby, we should carpool. <4
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Okay... okay.... put me down as attending. At this point my schedule is clear so barring an emergency I'll drag my ass out there Thursday night post-work (aka, I'll show up 2am Friday).

Oh, and I'm down for an MTG draft, even though I don't really have much in the way of cards or basic land.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    noted!
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    Oh, and I'm down for an MTG draft, even though I don't really have much in the way of cards or basic land.

Sounds good, just bring a some money, $12 at least and I'll figure out the cards and getting the draft to work :)
    edited August 2009
    Nemikan wrote:
    Sounds good, just bring a some money, $12 at least and I'll figure out the cards and getting the draft to work :)

Would this be a good time for an interested newbie to learn the game? If so, what would I need?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    Would this be a good time for an interested newbie to learn the game? If so, what would I need?

IT'S A TRAP
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2009
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:

Sure! all you really need is the willingness to learn. I'll be bringing my cards and you can use a deck to see how to play. You may not want to participate in the draft (as you will probably lose) but you could if you wanted to. The plans for the draft is for everyone to bring at least $12 (the cost of 3 packs) and then we would draft them.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    We're still waiting on plane tickets to get a bit cheaper.
    edited August 2009
    Lynxie baby, we should carpool. <4

I'll keep that in mind.

Note that I'll have to leave early Sunday (by early, I probably mean afternoon). And I'll probably have some asinine idea for getting out there, like leaving wed night at midnight or something.

But I'm up for adjustments if you are (though Sunday is non-negotiable, I'll have to work.)
  • edited August 2009
    maybe a sister party in australia? might be easier 4 wannabe icron-oberfesters in the southern hemisphere?. i'd be happy to host.
    edited September 2009
    maybe a sister party in australia? might be easier 4 wannabe icron-oberfesters in the southern hemisphere?. i'd be happy to host.

you are welcome to try and set this up

OR

just get drunk like the rest of us that weekend :vimp:
    edited September 2009
    probably not going to make it now. life has not been kind lately
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Heh, Fatcat's moose is back.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Koreish wrote:

bout time.
    edited September 2009
    Koreish wrote:

Legends never die
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Colgere wrote:
    In.

I guess this means I need to come up with an idea for a Halloween costume.

Solution: :zombie: We should all dress up as zombies. :zombie:

(Then, we should hit up a few eating/drinking places...:sawed::thumbup)

My girlfriend would definitely be down for this, so i'm throwing the idea out there. Planning a zombie costume would be absolutely trivial as far as time goes, so it wouldn't stop anyone from creating their competition costume...

Opinions?

(at this point, i'm not sure when we/I would be showing up, but pencil Tiffany and me in :))
    edited September 2009
    sharkydart wrote:
    (at this point, i'm not sure when we/I would be showing up, but pencil Tiffany and me in :))

:rockon:
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I've always wanted to do a Zombie Crawl. I've just never been in town at the right time. I'm so in.
    edited September 2009
    I still have all my zombie makeup from the other year... problem is, I only did a rudimentary costume but it took me 2 hours to apply. Trying to get a couple dozen people to get all zombified in one place might not work well (not familiar with ICHQ so maybe I'm wrong). For those interested parties, I guess I'll post my zombie getup. This was from 2 years ago and put together at the last minute.
    edited September 2009
    This just in:

I have officially been cleared the time off for ICOK09.

See you all next month.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    ^5
    edited September 2009
    Hoooorrrrraaaaayyyyy!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    UPSLynx wrote:
    This just in:

I have officially been cleared the time off for ICOK09.

See you all next month.

Holy crap!! Oktoberfest is next month!! I am definitely looking forward to some cold weather... Don't dissapoint me yet again Mother Nature!!
    edited September 2009
    Ryder tells me I am to bring a keg of Tank 7. That may be unpossible.
    edited September 2009
    Does that mean you're in, Koreish?
    edited September 2009
    No, and that's one of the reason's its unpossible. I have literally 50USD to my name right now that I earned selling my childhood away (A moment of silence for my NES). So I could barely afford a regular keg let alone a super limited addition keg and take it with me to a different state. Sorry folks. Try again next.

Ryder also tells me that Michigan postal services won't permit alcohol to be mailed so that's also another reason Tank 7 shall not make an appearance.
    edited September 2009
    The shipping costs on a keg would be epic as well. BTW, UPS will ship alcohol. They are the only ones that will do it though last I checked.

Man, ICOK is approaching fast. Which means my quarter centennial is also right around the corner. Life goes by too quick sometimes.