Possible laptop?

lersheelershee Keeper of JSterling Heights, MI Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Hardware
So, I want to buy a new laptop to replace this old laptop as well as the desktop. I want to check email, surf the web, use MS office and itunes, and use dreamweaver for web page design. And, of course, I would like to be able to use the computer everywhere - at school, at home, etc. I have two laptops and one desktop that, once sold, will equal $500 - $600. What can I buy for that amount of money?

Here's something I saw at Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9371477&type=product&id=1218093383615

It seems to have everything I would need - do you agree/disagree? Would you recommend something else? Please give me your opinion.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Avoid Best Buy like the plague. I'd recommend TigerDirect long before Best Buy. The best option is direct from a vendor (HP, Compaq, Acer) or Newegg.

Also... as a guy that works on at least 50-60 laptops a year. Stay away from Toshiba. They offer good deals but limited warranty and VERY costly repair.

How about Newegg's deal on THIS Lenovo? $499.99.

Lenovo G530-444638U NoteBook
    • Windows Vista Business downgraded to XP Pro preload
    • Intel Core 2 Duo T6500 2.1G (800 MHz, 2MB Cache)
    • 15.4" WXGA (1280 x 800)
    • 3GB DDR2
    • Hard Disk 250GB (5400 RPM)
    • Dual Layer DVD Burner
    • Intel GMA 4500MHD
    • Modem, LAN and WLAN
    • Card slot 1 x Express Card
    • 4.6 hours
    • 5.95 lbs.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Best buy is about the worst place to purchase computers. Just throwing that out there.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    And I can't recommend Lenovos enough. Wonderful computers with fantastic support.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    And I can't recommend Lenovos enough. Wonderful computers with fantastic support.
    Agreed... Lenovo will, hopefully, be gracing my desk this fall... :D