Icrontic Goes Renaissance (Rexxar adventures)

Comments

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    P.S. Up until 2 minutes ago, Magic still thought we were going to Boston, MA.....
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Anne, could I also have the details, though Patty will be picking me up? :D
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I was just writing this all up when you ladies chimed in. :)

So, I live *redacted*, in apartment #5. Show up whenever you'd like as long as it's not before fatcat gets here :)

Friday evening, once everyone gets here, we'll make our way here for dinner. It will be delicious and indulgent. We will drink large, cheapish beers before stumbling out the door. We'll then bar hop about Old Town Alexandria. If you're feeling adventurous we can ride the Metro into the city, but it'll take about 20 minutes to get anyway, and I'm not familiar with any of the bars in those parts. I asked around my job and people say the Bayou Room or the Blue Iguana are great places in Old Town to hang and/or go dancing. The logistics of getting there and then home again haven't been 100% worked out yet, but worst comes to worse it's a 2 mile stumble.

Saturday morning is breakfast provided at casa de Pragmenow. We'll then head to here. The Fest opens at 10AM and runs until 7PM so there's no rush on getting there. There will be tasty food and drink, and guaranteed merriment.

Saturday night will be grilling on the hill by my house. It'll be great, promise. Well, barring any neighbor pissiness it will be great.

Sunday morning is another awesome breakfast provided by yours truly. Then off the the home of the Preacher Man for an incredible BBQ.

Questions? Comments? Ask away. *phone number redacted* is open and awaiting your call. Bitching? Keep it to yerself.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Annes wrote:
    So, I live here, in apartment #5. Show up whenever you'd like as long as it's not before fatcat gets here :)

yea, Annes and I have, um, things we will be doing, so yea, don't ignore the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the apartment door kthx
    edited September 2009
    Oh, one more thing. We don't have a lot of extra blankets or pillows, so it would be best to bring your own.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Annes,
    What time are you planning on meeting at Hard Times Cafe? We are struggling with babysitter issues, but can be there around 7:00 PM. We'll chill for dinner and some dancing, but will probably leave early. I have also heard great things about the Blue Iguana and Bayou Room.

Our plan is for the BBQ to start at 12:00 with the eatin' startin' around 1:00PM. We are planning on the following peeps at Chateau de Plaisance BBQ:

annes and pragtastic
    preacher, tigerlily, rex, and rex's little sis
    preacher's sister and her husband
    poofie
    wax and friend?
    wagsftw and magic
    lincoln
    thrax
    gnome queen
    GnomeWizardd
    BustedbyFeds
    Cliff F

We've got overflow sleep arrangements if any need it, but won't be the seat of Day-Glo action that Annes and Prag's will be.

PM me for address and phone number.
    edited September 2009
    I'll be at your BBQ Preacher
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Annes wrote:
    This is where I live and this is my phone number.

Is this thread private? If not, I think you're mad for posting your address and phone number.
    edited September 2009
    It is likely that I'm mad. Bring on the stalkers!

Fine, fine, edited.
    edited September 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    I'll be at your BBQ Preacher

WOOT. AND we will have football up on the big TV and two computers for those that need to check FF and smackchat on Sunday.
    edited September 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    yea, Annes and I have, um, things we will be doing, so yea, don't ignore the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the apartment door kthx

And you were wondering why I changed my flight...:wink:
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote:
    WOOT. AND we will have football up on the big TV and two computers for those that need to check FF and smackchat on Sunday.

Bah.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Hey, when will everyone meet at the fair?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Annes wrote:
    It is likely that I'm mad. Bring on the stalkers!

Fine, fine, edited.
    And now I'm back to thinking you're mad for other reasons. :D
    edited September 2009
    Hey, when will everyone meet at the fair?

Cliff, we're not really sure. It all depends on how awesome/terrible Friday night is, and how fast I herd the cats. Would you like me to give you a call when we're heading out? Feel free to PM me your phone number. I suspect we'll get there between 12 and 1PM.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Garg, privacy is dead. Embrace the openness! :D
    edited September 2009
    And you were wondering why I changed my flight...:wink:

heh, I got drunk and was an angel so PFFFFFTTTTT!
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote:

you sir, make me look bad. <3
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Wow its sunday! i almost forgot!
  • l3it3rl3it3r Fairfax County Member
    edited September 2009
    Nice meeting you guys last night. Nicole and I had to leave early (after our random 15 block hike) because she has severe neck pain issues and she started having some last night.
    We're planning on meeting up at the festival, but we can never be 100% sure with her pain issues and all.

Anyway, fun times last night!

-Chris
    edited September 2009
    It was great getting to meet you guys last night.

GO ARMY!

btw, l3it3r here is one of poofie's friends for those not in the know
    edited September 2009
    ill be in the know come sunday for once!
  • poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    look, i brought someone to the website. i feel like i've accomplished something ;)
    edited September 2009
    poofie wrote:
    look, i brought someone to the website. i feel like i've accomplished something ;)

Where meh Peeps at yo! I need to party!
    edited September 2009
    Where meh Peeps at yo! I need to party!

I know, stalkers, I get it, whatever,

Someone call me at the fest 443-474-4725.

I'm heading there now.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Not only did you just double post but you quoted yourself in said double post.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Koreish wrote:
    Not only did you just double post but you quoted yourself in said double post.
    Not only did you comment on his double post, but I quoted you commenting on his double post.
    edited September 2009
    Cliff,
    My apologies. I think we passed you at the Ren Fair, but I was focused on getting the little ones home.

All,
    Sorry we didn't meet up. We got there earlier and by 1 PM, our youngest was done. Crowds raise her anxiety and after 2.5 hours she was asking to go home. Good news is BBQ is prepped and ready for eatin'. If anyone needs directions, PM me.
    edited September 2009
    I got your addy and plan on being there by 10:30 or 11 ish mind sending me ur # in case i get my arse lost or my GPS decides to hate me
    edited September 2009
    nm I got it!