Icrontic Goes Renaissance (Rexxar adventures)

Comments

• poofiepoofie Baltimore, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    this is awesome. and i'm super excited to meet your folks! hopefully they will adopt me and invite me to all your kickass family adventures.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    I will have to tele-teach. Too much travel lately.

I'm bawling deep down - I have no idea if I'm going to get to see any IC again before I leave. :(

Snark, I'm gonna be at Ren Fest man, you gotta make it.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Annes,
    where is Mama Annes place? If needed, overflow can crash with us. Skinnydipping time in the Redneck pool runs from 1:00 AM to 11:PM. We need the two hour block to clean the water and restock the fish.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YmQOhxogs14/R_Ak1iy0yII/AAAAAAAACnw/aIQzKLgq-Tc/s400/redneck4-300.jpg

fatcat,
    The distance from RenFest to the Preachers' House is 46 miles.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=11815+Smoketree+Rd,+Potomac,+MD+20854&daddr=1801+Crownsville+Road,+Annapolis,+MD+21401&hl=en&mra=ls&sll=39.051052,-77.1652&sspn=0.014964,0.026157&ie=UTF8&ll=38.9859,-76.552906&spn=0.059911,0.104628&z=14
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Not a true Redneck pool if you're cleaning out the water.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote:
    Skinnydipping time in the Redneck pool runs from 1:00 AM to 11:PM. We need the two hour block to clean the water and restock the fish.

Damnit, I gotta find a way to make it now!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Does this mean I have to buy a bathing suit? Blehhh
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    ... bweh...
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Has everyone made a decision as to whether or not they're coming? I'm going to send out a PM tomorrow or Monday containing my address - I have not the balls of steel to post it directly to the tubes.

Staying with the parents on Saturday is still up in the air. My main concern is bothering my neighbors and, depending on the response we get from the note we'll be leaving at the mailboxes, we may choose to keep the Saturday Night Shenaniganza here.

One more thing - I plan on cooking a lot. Please PM me with any allergies, lifestyle preferences, etc. that I should be aware of when preparing a meal for you.

I'm getting closer to having a full itinerary hammered out, so watch this thread.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I'm waffling. My class schedule is getting screwed with at the moment, so I may not have enough time to get away and enjoy it.
  • lunchb0xlunchb0x Lansing, MI New
    edited September 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    I think we need to enroll lunchb0x in this as well. You should see some of the "Engrish" gems he drops at work.

-_-
    edited September 2009
    Much <3 to Annes and Preacher for setting this up into what is going to be an awesome time.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I'm waffling. My class schedule is getting screwed with at the moment, so I may not have enough time to get away and enjoy it.

Make it work. It's been too long.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I am still counting on driving down
    Busted is pussin out but Ill still force him to come!
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Any word on people carpooling from Detroit when you guys would want to leave? I have Thursday and Friday off, but I believe that Andrew has class sometime on Friday morning. So we might have to wait until then. And is there a preference on the car we would take? Andrew made it sound like Matt might prefer to take his VW, but I'm willing to take my car, too. I just need to know for sure, so I can get an oil change before the trip if I need to.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    How did I miss this?

Cliff, are you gonna be at Rennfest on Saturday?

I plan on it. My kid has a flag football game (only girl in the league), after that I'm free. I'll have to figure it out accordingly but between Sat and Sun I should get some time to see everybody.

On Sat night if there is an overflow crasher or two, or three I could accommodate, its not going to be a party house though, little one will be present and I will take her to look around Ren fest too.
    edited September 2009
    zomgees it's next week!
    edited September 2009
    ...My kid has a flag football game (only girl in the league),...

That's crazy talk, Cliff. If you let women play football, next thing you know they'll want to vote, own property, and uncover their faces.:mean:

Anyways,
    Our plan for the BBQ is for the gang to arrive at 1200. We are planning on the following 18 distinguished guests:

annes and pragtastic
    preacher, tigerlily, rex, and rex's little sis
    preacher's sister and her husband
    poofie
    wax and friend?
    wagsftw and magic
    gargoyle
    lincoln
    thrax
    gnome queen
    GnomeWizardd
    BustedbyFeds
    Cliff F

If you are not coming, please let me know SOONEST as we are buying the food this week. We're going to have the following eclectic mix of culinary fare:

Chicken Tikka
    Beef Kebabs
    Spicy Toasts w/ Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
    Homemade Salsa and Chips
    Crudites
    Apple Pies
    Best Cake in da World

We'll have Diet Coke, Coke, a couple cases of mixed micro brews, and aged, Maryland tapwater. I only ask that you bring a small-medium BBQ type side dish (e.g. pasta, potato, tomato salads). If you wanna celebrate the Lord's day with more inebriation, please feel free to bring more beer, wine, hard liquor, mead, or moonshine. If needed for the entire weekend, we do have a full extra bedroom and serveral couches for those that need a place to rack.
    edited September 2009
    Preacher wrote:
    We'll have Diet Coke, Coke, a couple cases of mixed micro brews, and aged, Maryland tapwater. I only ask that you bring a small-medium BBQ type side dish (e.g. pasta, potato, tomato salads). If you wanna celebrate the Lord's day with more inebriation, please feel free to bring more beer, wine, hard liquor, mead, or moonshine. If needed for the entire weekend, we do have a full extra bedroom and serveral couches for those that need a place to rack.

mmm, the finest Murrylun wooder.

i plan on bringing a tomato/corn/avocado salad, and some variety of booze. if you need me to provide anything else (serving dishes, plastic cups, folding table/chairs) just let me know! send me a message or get my email or phone from annes.
    edited September 2009
    I don't know what I'll be able to make hanging around, but I'll try and figure something out.

Also, I got my flight changed so that I now come in friday morning.
    edited September 2009
    Also, I got my flight changed so that I now come in friday morning.

why you do that and got someone to pick you up?
    edited September 2009
    Because I do what I want, and Patty said she could pick me up on friday. :)
    edited September 2009
    I don't know what I'll be able to make hanging around, but I'll try and figure something out...
    Don't go out of your way...
    poofie wrote:
    mmm, the finest Murrylun wooder.

i plan on bringing a tomato/corn/avocado salad, and some variety of booze. if you need me to provide anything else (serving dishes, plastic cups, folding table/chairs) just let me know! send me a message or get my email or phone from annes.

That's great, poof. Nothing else needed. We got all the chairs, utensils, and dishes needed. We'll provide the lion's share of the fare, but thought it would be best if everyone brought the side dishes.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    It seems the Michigan crew has it all sorted out. We'll be arriving Friday evening.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Crap! Just three weeks later and I'd be there. I'll be in D.C. half of Oct and Nov.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    ZOMG I am so stoked, Wait crap thats the Floridian coming out in me!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I for sure won't be able to make it. Sorry guys :(. Preach, that BBQ looks epic. Hope someone can step in and eat my share of chicken tikka.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    edited September 2009
    Damn Preacher, that looks awesome!
    edited September 2009
    with the bad comes the good

have to go to Vermont tomorrow for a funeral on Tuesday.

I have the entire week off from work, so I'll see ya at Renn on Thursday

Thursday, September 24, 2009
    Arrive 5:54PM Washington (DCA)

Can someone pick me up at the train station? Thank you.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Anne, can you PM us the details... with addresses, particularly where we need to be when we arrive on Friday night?

<3

Can't wait to see you!