Volcano 11+

edited July 2003 in Hardware
i was thinkin about buying one of these for my new 3000+, but i was wondering if anyone that has one could tell me about the performance of it.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I would recommend against buying a ThermalTake product. Go with an SLK-700 or SLK-800 and a decent fan. Best cooling you can get unless you buy an SLK-900, and those have fitment issues on many motherboards. If you want budget, you can get an SK-7.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Never buy a heatsink with volcano in the name.

Buy one that starts with SK or SLK
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Yeah it just sounds quieter than a VOLCANO!!;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I have a volcano 9 and I hate it.
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    in all respect...the volcanos arent bad products...i have the ability to run my tbird 1.2ghz at 45 degrees celcius when its up all the way...and when its up to half way...a bit less the cpu will only be 54 (at full load over a great deal of time)
    *edit*
    regardless...the SLK 800 and 900 are AWESOME peices of heatsinks...i totally reccomend them over everything except for watercooling...and even then the slk might be able to take the cake. ANYWAYS, the SLK 900u will cool nicely and quietly with a 80mm papst fan...the ha1 or sumthing like that...but if u really wanna use it...get a nice papst 92mm fan with a little bit more cfms and thats a little bit quieter
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    The V11 is a decent heatsink for normal people. If you're reading this site, you're not normal. :D The V11 does OK as a heatsink in a non-overclocked system, but thermalright's stuff is far, far better.
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    just as their name suggested, thermalright, they know how to do it right.

haha it souded a bit corny
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    corniness makes the world go round...