Recent Tf2 Server Changes

TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
edited October 2009 in Team Fortress 2
As many of you have noticed there have been some changes to the IC TF2 server. We began by moving to a new higher tick, higher fps server. This server runs faster than the previous server, which also means that it takes a bit more of the green stuff each month to keep it going. We are doing fine as it stands on money in the clan pool to keep the server going for a while, but remember that this server is paid for by those of us here. If you've never contributed and you play on the server frequently, consider making a donation here.

The next round of changes was the installation of Sourcemod. This allowed us to add in some server management stuff and to allow us to better moderate the server. Many people have access to the new actions allowed by sourcemod for things like changing maps and kicking/banning/global muting asshats. The server also has some things that anyone can do.

• Team scramble: type scramble in chat to start a vote for team scramble
  • Rock the vote: type rtv to start a vote to select a new map to play

And the biggest change came into effect yesterday. The server now runs HLSTATSX: Community Edition. The stats can be viewed here: http://tf2stats.icrontic.com . On your player page, you can find a link to put in your signature to display a small stats image, if you're into that.

Anyways, just wanted to let people know what's up in the seedy, tf2 side of Icrontic.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Thank you, Jimmeh. You done great work.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    AWESOME!!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    TY TiberiusLazarus I played a bit earlier this week and it seems great.

My only request is that if FF is going to be on during "Waiting for Players" that stats be disabled for that time period.

I am going to go throw $20 in the pot to help sway my request :-D (No I actually just haven't pitched in for a while, if more people like it that way, so be it)

-Bobby
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Definitely, that's how most other servers do it. FF time at EOR = stats off.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    win.
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited September 2009
    Wow I love these stats!
    27 kills with the KGB-server record
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I'm not sure if it's accurate, I get killed way to much without killing to be ranked 6th.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Koreish wrote:
    I'm not sure if it's accurate, I get killed way to much without killing to be ranked 6th.

Yeah, but if you are killing people ranked above you, you are getting more points. Also, if you are getting assists, those 2 points each as well as getting points for teleports, ubers, engie structure construction, headshots, backstabs, etc. So you can rack up lots of points really fast without killing all that many people.
  • F-SteinF-Stein Canada.
    edited September 2009
    How do assists work, exactly? It says I have about 60 kills or so, and that sounds about right in the way of kills. I'm a medic, after all. I'm not exactly a killing machine.
    Is my rank increasing via points?
    Does that mean I could be first place without a single kill?
    edited September 2009
    Yes, and if you're a medic, you should be getting tons of assists (if you're healing people who are getting kills, anyway). One of the achievements for the medic is to win a round without having any kills - I think it's called Top of the Class.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    top of the class is complete a round with every char, i think.

first do no harm is the medic one.
    edited September 2009
    ^ That's the one. My fault.
    edited September 2009
    Oh the days when I had to do medic achievements. I'm glad that's over.
    edited September 2009
    I have to say it's fun to go through and read the comments, how broken they are because you don't know what people said through a mic.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Request for this stickyed

Or put the stats link on the "IC TF2 Server == up" thread

Plz,

-Bobby
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    To whom it may concern,

HLSTATS has been disabled on the server, indefinitely, pending further review of some problems it has been causing for Icrontic. The webpage and signatures will still be available, but no new stats will be collected.

Thank you for you patience as we continue to resolve this matter,
    -TL

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I have a sneaky suspicion that Cola is responsible for this problem.
    edited October 2009
    Cola spends to much time banning himself to be the problem.
  • QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Now, this is just my opinion, but I'm at least curious if others have similar situations to me. Basically, after playing last night I without HLStats, I realized how much the Stats had started ruling the way I played TF2. Having stats on meant that both conciously and unconciously, I had started playing "hardcore". And by that I mean doing everything I could to get points, checking rank repeatedly, etc. I wasn't having as much fun.

I mention this to see if anyone else has experienced similar (or if i'm crazy, which, granted, is likely), and if others have, to bring forward the idea of keeping stats off.

Also, bring back our end of round teamkilling!

Thank you.
    edited October 2009
    Now, this is just my opinion, but I'm at least curious if others have similar situations to me. Basically, after playing last night I without HLStats, I realized how much the Stats had started ruling the way I played TF2. Having stats on meant that both conciously and unconciously, I had started playing "hardcore". And by that I mean doing everything I could to get points, checking rank repeatedly, etc. I wasn't having as much fun.

I mention this to see if anyone else has experienced similar (or if i'm crazy, which, granted, is likely), and if others have, to bring forward the idea of keeping stats off.

Also, bring back our end of round teamkilling!

Thank you.

Team killing is back. I never knew it was gone.

As for the stats I don't care either way.
    edited October 2009
    We had stats? ;D
    edited October 2009
    :tim:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I really don't care about the stats at all... I mean, at all...

They can stay gone for all I care, especially since they put an additional load on the web server.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited October 2009

You've basically summed up why I hate stats for most online games I play - particularly ones involving Valve (going back to Day of Defeat). The players around you change, you change, and (if the game didn't carry stats to begin with) the game itself begins to change. I've always been one for more cooperative teamplay, and in my experience stat programs and tracking do exactly the opposite. Rambo's going to want to get his killcount up before he even thinks about capturing that last flag.

Having said that, my (lack of) playing time gives me no real right to complain, but I wanted to give my $.02 on the matter.
  • AmpersandAmpersand North Dakota
    edited October 2009
    Stats has never stopped me from mowing down legions of sandviches with my heavy's mouth. Usually this happens at about the same time my teammates are frantically trying to defend the last point of goldrush but they are ultimately fated to fail.

The moral here is that you just have to follow your heart! That's the best way to find happiness while playing teamfortress 2! /afterschoolspecial
    edited October 2009
    I so rarely show up in the scoreboard that I never bother. I usually hit the 1 death to 1 point ratio... but when I'm on my game (healing) my team has a chance to win. Having fun and helpping my team win is my "stat". ;)
    edited October 2009
    See, I've found stats will motivate people to play as a team because you tend to score more points if you are actively helping your team and everybody likes more points. I also like to be able to see who I am killing the most and who is killing me the most via the web stats page.
  • QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Gametracker appears to give us stats outside of hlstats, not sure how detailed it is though: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/68.232.173.200:27015
    edited October 2009
    It is not very detailed or accurate.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I didn't know we had stats on either. I certainly have to use for them.