Recent Tf2 Server Changes

2»

Comments

• StarmanStarman Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    The server I used to play on has a problem where people stop playing for fun and start playing for stats/rank.

Melee duels, sandvich parties, and things of that nature never happen anymore because you can just kill everyone involved to net easy points instead of participating and having a good time.

People (the main admin, even) go sniper and sit in BLU spawn at Goldrush 1 just to rack up headshots and ignore the cart.

Some players will hunt down the people who against whom they have a lower kdr (the server tracked kills and deaths against specific players).

Basically, several regulars stopped playing TF2 and started playing HLX Stats instead.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I do miss our sandvich parties... Heavy sandvich tower is the best.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Given the amount of opinions against turning the stats back on, the major one being the hit that they cause to the Icrontic web server, I think I will go ahead and leave them off for the time being. I'll leave the stats pages up, but the server won't be collecting any new information (as it has been for the past week or so).

edit: Umm....apparently the tf2stats.icrontic.com page has been taken down.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I like stats, but not at the cost of any ic server issues. I think it would be nice to get them working again if they weren't impacting the rest of IC.