nvidia profiles !

edited January 2010 in Hardware
hi guys
i am new to Icrontic Forums so hi to all you guys,however my question is regarding creating a profile so my xfx gts250 fan can run at a specific speed when playing a certain game(s) and then returning to automatic gpu cooling when exiting the game
i know i need to download nvidia performance tools first and then thats were i get stuck !
can anyone advise me on how to set up a profile for say "call of duty 4 modern warfare" and a recommended speed for the gpu fan in %(i thought 50% would be ok)
any help would be much appreciated
cheers guys !

Comments

• FooharFoohar tennessee
    edited January 2010
    I use a program called EVGA Precision. Its the easiest one I've found to use, just simply crank the fan speed from 40% - 100% then apply. It has several profile settings to pick from so I'm sure you could swap profiles on the fly set to a certain game, aka COD = Fanspeed = 80% OC = 10% as it lets you overclock too. Worth a try.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Another vote for EVGA Precision. I run it on four systems with 16 GPUs. It's easy to set up, reliable, crash-free, and has a very friendly display.