Prestige Class: Mariner

BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of PropagandaOKC Icrontian
edited September 2009 in D&D Supernerd Heaven
CB, would you consider developing a prestige class or three that relate to our campaign setting? I think something with a nautical theme would be awesome. We've got a few players in our party that might benefit from something like this as they reach higher levels.

Comments

• drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Buddy J wrote:
    We've got a few players in our party that might benefit from something like this in a couple levels.
    Fixed. Actually, any hideously overpowered prestige class would be nice...

-drasnor :fold:
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I'm not suggesting that it be overpowered. I'm coming more from a roleplaying standpoint. Our party spends quite a bit of time at sea and some of our characters (WalkingStick for example) are becoming quite the sailors. It'd be cool to have something that reflects that.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I'd love a "traveller" prestige class that codifies WalkingStick's religious philosophy: Walk loudly, carry a big stick, and make sure nobody is in the way of anybody else.
    edited September 2009
    I am very familiar with both of those. I know CB is against prestige classes "as published" in the DM guide, supplements, etc. I was more interested in opening a dialog with CB, now that he is very familiar with my character, to see if he would be interested in creating a prestige class for his campaign world.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Well then carry on. :)
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Sorry, I missed this discussion until now. It was not intentional.

I have prestige classes in the works. They will be revealed only when a given character is in a position to take them, they will be related to joining special organizations, and advancing through the prestige class will be dependent upon advancing through the organization.

If you try to remember some of the organizations you've already been introduced to/heard of, you might get some clues as to what type of prestige classes are going to be available.
    edited September 2009
    Healer Pimp?