Stein's Guides.

13»

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    This is goofy. You're a good writer and you have good content. The community thinks your input is useful and/or influential enough to propose different points of view that they've gained through experience and present those as counterpoints to your points. This has been nothing more than a discussion, as belongs in a forum. If you didn't want discussion on your (quite good) guides, what were they doing in a forum thread?

I have to say, I just don't understand your point of view here, and your refusal to talk about any of it doesn't help, I suppose.

I hope you won't stop with the guides, but I also hope you don't mind some feedback every once in a while. If not - sorry to see you go. It was nice meeting you, and I enjoyed playing with you the once we got a chance to meet, but people who can't take a bit of discussion with their opinions don't have too much of a safe haven at Icrontic. We all question things.

Much luck to you.
  • F-SteinF-Stein Canada.
    edited September 2009
    @pig; There's a large difference between being condescending and insulting and debating with valid points. I had no issue debating the FaN with that earlier poster, but things got far too personal over the Pyro, and I see we can't handle me writing any more guides. I'm not asking for anybody to kiss my toes, or even read the guides. I just figured maybe it'd be a nice gesture.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    He only plays one on the internet.

Thank you, Jimmy. <3

//edit: POSTING IN A LEGENDARY THREAD.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Thank you, Jimmy. <3

//edit: POSTING IN A LEGENDARY THREAD.

Because he doesn't have the stones to play one in real life.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    That's not true. It's just not as funny when there's no record of your dickishness.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    WOW... I go work out for lunch and my little area of the sandbox turns into really active place.

F Stein, don't let our passion for debating be confused with bashing. We are not a G-Rated, presidential kind of debaters. We are a strong PG-13... we have passion and we have intelligence here at Icrontic. We have developed a ZERO tolerance for flaming or bashing. We are a good family.

New members just need to understand that it may take a little time to get use to the personalities and realize that it might take a little thicker skin. You are not a normal new member. You have jumped in with gusto and with great content to boot. However, you picked an area that is one of our strongest and most passionate... TF2.

As anyone that does writing for a living (we have several very successful writers), or anyone that has taken on advanced education, you get critiqued and you have to NOT take it personally. Learn from it and become a better writer.

Besides... do you get along with EVERY family member you have all the time? No... good news is, you're way more outgoing that the average so you are receiving special treatment. Sorry. :D
This discussion has been closed.