iPod Touch --> Computer? (for free)

ArtemisArtemis New
edited September 2009 in Internet & Media
I lost a lot of my music collection and stuff over the summer (hard drive crash - it's better now though!) I have all of my music, many photos, and videos on my iPod Touch and I need to move it to my computer.

Does anyone know of a good freeware method for me to move my music, photos, videos, and PLAYLISTS to my PC? I see so many programs out there but they are all payed, and playlist regeneration isn't promised in the features.

I've tried YamiPod and Floola but they don't support iPod touch. I have a 32GB (1st Gen) iPod Touch so I need to find a freeware program that supports it.

Thanks!

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Have you tried Songbird? I don't know about playlist support... but that's the free iTunes replacement I use when I need it.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2009
    Ok stupid question, but what about itunes?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Doesn't iTunes require that you have them already in your library to offload them or something like that? Or you have to de-authorize wherever they were before?

I forget.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I'm not 100% sure, but let me take this opportunity to say, loud and clear....

DRM SUCKS!!!
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2009
    Yeah I'm not sure actually, not having any DRM music personally. You could be right and that could be the same problem with any software at this point if the content is all DRM encrypted it can't offload it. It actually makes sense otherwise you could just take your itouch to a friends place and dump the files.

Doing some research I came across this, seems to do exactly what you want.
    http://www.copytrans.net/copytrans.php
  • F-SteinF-Stein Canada.
    edited September 2009
    I would think that you're right about not being able to offload music. Otherwise if your buddy purchased a few songs, you could put them on your iPod, and take 'em home.

Although, not many people buy music these days.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Most programs will let you copy all music/videos over just fine. I couldn't find a good way to copy over playlists/ratings when I accidentally formatted over my itunes library. I bit the bullet and remade my playlists.
  • F-SteinF-Stein Canada.
    edited September 2009
    Ah, I see. It's a shame that you had to result to that sort of method. Hopefully OP finds another way of doing it.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    I know Floola works for iPods, but not iPhones or iPod Touch.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    When my hard drive crashed and I reinstalled iTunes, it re-downloaded the one movie clip on my iPod that I hadn't backed up and put it back in my library for me.