Today, Vista dies... and we are introduced to Windows 7

2»

Comments

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    chrisWhite wrote:
    Ahem, that's like saying you're not going to upgrade because you don't know whether Paint still works. Time to stop cutting video with a rubber spatula.
    I agree with chris white, WMM is rubbish just use Imovie! / me ducks!

Guys, come on. This is Tim. The chances of Tim upgrading anything is near the chance of Natty becoming the official beer of Icrontic.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Two zings in one line? Jimmy's getting good at this.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Natty's not the official beer of Icrontic? Since when!

Seriously though, Tim, Have no fear, Windows 7 is pretty fantastic and I can suggest a host of freeware that will replace any native XP application and do everything so much better. Jump in, the waters fine.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Seriously though, Tim, Have no fear, Windows 7 is pretty fantastic and I can suggest a host of freeware that will replace any native XP application and do everything so much better. Jump in, the waters fine.
    You forget that you're talking to someone who openly admits to using IE6 still. He doesn't want water that's fine, he wants to swim in shark infested waters in a wetsuit made of fresh prosciutto.
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited October 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    You forget that you're talking to someone who openly admits to using IE6 still.

lmao, we're on a role here!

For the record, iMovie is in a league way above WMM, but I'd still happily give anyone but your mom shit for using it for anything serious. Speaking of which, has she finished editing our video yet?
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    ardichoke wrote:
    wetsuit made of fresh prosciutto.

If someone wears this, the ladies of IC will have their mouths all over you. I can imagine only fistfuls of win.
  • osaddictosaddict London, UK
    edited October 2009
    Mine arrived via CityLink yesterday - the first retail version of Windows I have owned! - All previous versions have been OEM.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I tried the Movie Maker 2.6 on my HP laptop that is running the 7100 RC of 7, and it worked fine. I didn't notice much difference.

So I'll be upgrading (yes, ME) to 7, I'll just have to wait a while for the extra $ to buy it. I'm thinking late February at this point unless extra cash comes in from somewhere before then.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Now Tim, be careful - IE6 isn't even ALLOWED on Win 7. You might want to test the waters there first, buddy.
  • MarushkaMarushka cambridge, ma Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I bet you can run it in XP mode.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Marushka wrote:

SHUSSSHHH!!!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Annes wrote:
    If someone wears this, the ladies of IC will have their mouths all over you. I can imagine only fistfuls of win.
    /me buys a sewing machine and many pounds of prosciutto.

Hey, any port in a storm amirite?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Marushka wrote:

YOU, THERE! SHHH.
  • edited October 2009
    Nice vid. But what...you couldn't afford a headstone?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    I think it's best that Vista is buried in an unmarked grave. ;)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    It would have been better if Vista were burned at the stake, but that's just me.