The Danger Bride's crew - Retcon thread

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited November 2009 in D&D Supernerd Heaven
We need to retcon the crew of the Danger Bride.

As it stands now, the party took off that morning without talking to any of the crew who helped them get there. I blame this on being away from the plot for too long, and I don't want to penalize the party (or mess up the story-line) because we all (yes, me too) forgot to role-play what happened with the other crew-members.

So, I'm just going to let you guys decide who you should take with you, and we'll retcon the story to say they they were with you on the boat that morning when you left for Joy, or that you said goodbye and left them behind, or whatever you did.

FallingDove and Dam'Rei had both decided to stay in The City of Faith. The former to help her brother out at The Dragon's Flask, and the later to raise her child in the tight-nit community of the Drake Quarter. Landon Haley is, of course already with you. That leaves five potential additions to the crew:

ChippedLance (The Pyromancer) has a strong desire to join the crew. She isn't much of a deck-hand, but she can help with any missions as a combatant.

Shi'Rahk (The Priest of The Traveler) would be interested in traveling with the crew. He has nothing tying him to any particular place or job. He is fleet of foot, and well-versed in healing and protection magic. He's also an able deck-hand and navigator, but has little ability or experience in direct combat.

Jessiblather Firewind Tickleteaser Hawktemple Esq. (The scholar and merchant) doesn't know what to do now that his shop and home are gone. He thinks it'd be an interesting experience to voyage with The Danger Bride, but he could just as easily find passage to his boyhood home on Tinker in the KAR islands, where he could see his family, and maybe try to open a new shop. As a versitile scholar, he could easily grow into any position on the ship.

Bgomat (The Mongrelfolk Adept) wants nothing more than to continue adventuring alongside Fingerdiddle. She's not much of a force now, but she has an obvious natural magical aptitude which could go in any direction. She seems to have quickly taken to life at sea over the last week, and could be almost as adaptable as Jessiblather given the right training.

Yarrow Weatherford (The Hunter and Siege Engineer) had a lot of fun playing with the ballista on the way from Flai, and wouldn't mind sailing with the crew a bit longer before returning to his post in the Lynx Isles. He is the only crew member with the Siege Engineer feat.

Since the crew compliment for the Danger Bride is 8, the party should probably take on at least 2 of these folks. None of them are asking for pay (just food and a bunk), so there is no real disadvantage to taking them on. There are only ten beds on the ship, but there should never be a time when everyone is sleeping at once, anyhow.

Discuss and decide in this thread what you want to to do, and I'll retcon it into the story.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    ChippedLance... Bom-chicka-wow-wow... Oh yeah..

And I always liked Yarrow. I want him on board.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Take them all. Yarrow, Bgomat and Chipped Lance are good people.

Although I don't remember anything about Jessiblather...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    That was the day I played you, he was there when we met Melixa.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I wouldn't mind having all of them.

-drasnor :fold:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    That was the day I played you, he was there when we met Melixa.

He's been there the whole time. He was one of the survivors who escaped on the ship from Midway with Lady Frain, and he helped Shi'Rahk carry Soaring Eagle into the jungle in search of an Arum Potible. So far, he's mostly just been along for the ride. No one has really tried to talk to him since they first met him, but he's enjoying himself anyway.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    [IC]WutUDidThar
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I don't mind any of 'em.

Also, QFT:
    Buddy J wrote:
    [IC]WutUDidThar
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Sorry, I don't really know much about any of these guys since I was unconcious for most of your past play sessions.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    [ROFL]coptr