IC Ten-man guild: AKA WoW Boot Camp Project

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Plus, he can grant you levels so we can get you to 80 more quickly.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Plus, he can grant you levels so we can get you to 80 more quickly.

Actually, you'd be granting him levels if he referred you. Anyway, Derek if you're interested - we're in need of whatever you'd like to play. I'd prefer the hunter over the ret pally, but either is fine with me.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited December 2009
    Well, make up your mind then - because my preference is definitely the ret pally, but if you're set on the hunter being better for your current config, that can be arranged.

(If you don't give me a solid yes or no, I'll end up transferring the paladin.)
    edited December 2009
    Well here's the thing. Amanda is playing a paladin and thinking of going Holy; Greg is playing a Ret paladin (but I don't know if he's in for the whole series thing, it wasn't really presented that way earlier on in the thread). Paladins are great, but two Ret paladins in a 10 man group isn't exactly the best use of space - So I would hinge your decision on Greg's. If Greg is up for the whole deal, then transfer your hunter, if he's not - then transfer your paladin.
    edited December 2009
    ZenMode wrote:
    Well here's the thing. Amanda is playing a paladin and thinking of going Holy; Greg is playing a Ret paladin (but I don't know if he's in for the whole series thing, it wasn't really presented that way earlier on in the thread). Paladins are great, but two Ret paladins in a 10 man group isn't exactly the best use of space - So I would hinge your decision on Greg's. If Greg is up for the whole deal, then transfer your hunter, if he's not - then transfer your paladin.

mkay... here's a reference point for you on gear. (either toon would have to be faction-swapped)

Paladin

Well, the paladin anyway. Apparently I can't link the hunter because her account's been inactive for too long. Her gear's mostly 213-ish though.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    define "whole deal" please.

My offspec is Holy, which is all 200/219 gear
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    fatcat wrote:
    he did
    edited December 2009
    Lincoln wrote:
    ZenMode wrote:
    I need to know, because I'm going to start interviewing each of you soon to set the stage for the beginning of this series.

still confused
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Oh, he's going to write a series for Gaming about the development of the guild. Like Real World meets The Guild... or something. :crazy:
    edited December 2009
    fatcat wrote:

My offspec is Holy, which is all 200/219 gear

You can see above for the whole explanation, but I'll give you the short version:

WoW Boot Camp

The premise is that Blizzard doesn't prepare new players for the game they have created at level 80. The idea is to show a group of inexperienced level 80 players at each step of their growth towards becoming a solid raider.

This will be done by progressing through all raid content using only badge gear, building up experience and documenting progress from start to finish. Schedule is above for the progression, and rules are included. Guild tagging is mandatory.

Each participant will be interviewed at the start, and their gear choices/talent choices/average performance will be documented as a point of reference. As time passes, I will continue to help each individual player develop their skills through the sharing of basic game knowledge, addon usage, playstyle, talent builds, theorycrafting tools and raid strategy.

All of these elements will come together to form weekly updates on the progress of the group.
    edited December 2009
    Inexperienced, you say?

For these purposes, I'd probably actually have to farm up a set of gear worse than what I have, for both the hunter and paladin. They're wearing raid gear (from different levels of raiding, but they still kinda skip the initial gearing part).

Edit - this would make my Death Knight the best choice, surprisingly. She's got balls for gear.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    You realize some of us have been 80 since July and have done our own research into what gear we need/want, right?

Are you asking us to start new toons to level by then?

I am not opposed to this, but I guess I am just confused about this whole "don't talk to anyone, etc" because I have already done all the talking and the deciding.
    edited December 2009
    ZenMode wrote:
    Guild tagging is mandatory.

I'm officially out then.

Come Feb. 1st, when you think you might be ready for naxx10 and need someone, you know my name.
    edited December 2009
    I've not checked into what you've all accomplished, honestly. I was just putting the concept out there.

I'm not saying you should be leveling a new character if you don't want to - if you've got vested interest in your current character/guild I'm not saying you should walk away. This is an opportunity that centers most on those of you that haven't been able to break into the endgame with much success.

Once the guild catches up to whatever you guys would consider current content (I would think that is ICC) there's no issue with anyone playing whatever they'd like and participating in whatever outside content they'd enjoy.
    edited December 2009
    Alright, after considering it more - inexperienced might not be the best term to use. Its fine if you have previous knowledge of the game/spec/gear at 80, but starting with a fresh 80 is definitely important to this process. So if you're in and you've not mentioned which character you'll play, post it here so I can start getting an initial head count.
    edited December 2009
    In, with my Death Knight evidently. I don't really know the class (leveled when it was complete ezmode) and the toon's gear never got anywhere beyond fresh 80.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Aye.

You have my Staff.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    If you want fresh 80's in the Icrontic guild, looks like I'll be going with my DK. 74 right now.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    I have an 80 paladin who's not so fresh in healing gear but a fresh tank and I have a 70 rogue (alliance side, but that can be fixed) that I could transfer because I'm very interested in this.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    *sigh* This is a terrible fucking idea.

In.

I would link my armory page, but I haven't reactivated the account yet. Nicea. 74. Tauren Shaman.
  • AlidraAlidra Metro Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Annes wrote:
    *sigh* This is a terrible fucking idea.

In.

I would link my armory page, but I haven't reactivated the account yet. Nicea. 74. Tauren Shaman.

Anne Baynes I fucking love you!!!!
    edited December 2009
    This is starting to make more sense. Thank you.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Whats the deal with the interviews?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Streganona

And, what is the final verdict on which server/faction?
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Tortheldrin / Horde at the moment I would think.
    edited December 2009
    MAGIC wrote:
    Whats the deal with the interviews?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Streganona

And, what is the final verdict on which server/faction?
    This is going to be an Article/series for Icrontic. I would not necessarily move your main over for this, although once established.. it will be fun to progress content with you guys.

My DK is 72 going on 73. I will do my best to get him up to 80 by the deadline.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Grumork
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    oohhh, i get it.
  • AlidraAlidra Metro Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tortheldrin&n=Alidra

My super bad pally... She kinda got abandoned when I learned my mage.
    edited December 2009
    Zen, you can consider my DK a tank by default, if we don't already have too many. After some quick fooling with the talent trees last night, I think I'm actually going to enjoy tanking as a Death Knight.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    With the new dungeon system you guys can run the 3 new heroics and snag some 219 & 232 gear. Yes these are 5 man heroics. Also running basic heroics gets you badges you can than spend on Tier 9 don;t even waste time on tier 8. And even further doing the daily heroic dungeon gets you frost badges & will land you into T10 gear. Just become skilled and the gear will fill those slots in no time.