HDD?

TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
edited December 2009 in Hardware
Hello there guys and galls of Icrontic :cool:

Been a while since I've posted here but have run into a situation, and could use some advice.

I seem to have upset my desktop the other day... it tipped over and doesn't seem to want to turn on anymore. when it hit its side it froze up, and now will get to the point where it starts to load windows (7), but does not show the log on screen after that point. It also seems to do this on my windows xp partition as well so I'm thinking its a HDD error, and was wondering if a simple format would fix the problem.

Also a side question, does anyone know of a canadian retailer that sells a the side fan for a cosmos s, a couple fins seem to have fallen off on that as well (not from this fall)?

Thanks for your advice,
TvMan

Comments

• Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    TvManPwns wrote:
    Hello there guys and galls of Icrontic :cool:

Been a while since I've posted here but have run into a situation, and could use some advice.

I seem to have upset my desktop the other day... it tipped over and doesn't seem to want to turn on anymore. when it hit its side it froze up, and now will get to the point where it starts to load windows (7), but does not show the log on screen after that point. It also seems to do this on my windows xp partition as well so I'm thinking its a HDD error, and was wondering if a simple format would fix the problem.

Also a side question, does anyone know of a canadian retailer that sells a the side fan for a cosmos s, a couple fins seem to have fallen off on that as well (not from this fall)?

Thanks for your advice,
    TvMan

Before I would invest in any parts I would recommend simply opening the case and inspecting your connections and such.

What happens before the log screen, does it just black out?
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited December 2009
    right, sorry i forgot to mention that i had actually already opened up the case and made sure everything was properly connected. also, when i try to boot into xp it gave me a bluescreen, and after multiple attempts at getting into windows 7 it has booted, but given me several error messages.
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited December 2009
    Format seems to have fixxed it, was in need of some attention before hand anyways. Thanks for your response Cliff.