Problem with the power switch circuit of motherboard

adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
edited January 2010 in Hardware
I have this Asus P5QL/EPU motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131393

The problem I am having is that the power switch on the computer case has to be pressed 3-5 times before the motherboard will power on. I thought it was the case switch but it did the same thing when installed in two different PC cases. I also just bypassed the case power switch and shorted the pins with a screwdriver. Same thing happens. I also tried two different but known working power supplies. Same issue. So it would seem there is a gremlin in motherboard power up circuit. I hate like heck to RMA this board to Asus just because I have to press the power switch 3-5 times to get the board to power up. Does anyone have any ideas on something else I could try?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    something else I could try?
    Pull the CMOS battery and power cable and let rest overnight. It could be a BIOS problem.
  • adarryladarryl No Man Stands So Tall As When He Stoops To Help a Child. Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    You were right on the money Leo! I reset the BIOS and it now powers up as it should. Thanks and YHPM. Darryl