FS: BFG 9800 gx2

DonutDonut Maine New
edited January 2010 in Trading Post
Let's see if some of the folders are interested in this.

BFG 9800 gx2

I bought this critter a couple of weeks ago (used), then got a deal on a GTX 280, so this has to go to make room. I've had it folding for about a week, no dumped units.

I'm asking 175.00 shipped in the US (paypal preferred)

toms002.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    OH MAN.... If only....
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Attention, Folding@Home enthusiasts:

The 9800GX2 will produce anywhere from 9,000 to 12,000 points per day, at stock memory and core clocks! It's the approximate Folding equivalent of 2 X 8800GTX, but draws less power than two 8800s.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    STOP TEMPTING ME!!! I would feel dirty using it though knowing it folded for another team.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2010
    Do you really think Leo bought all his new?:wink:
    Besides, I've only been active on the other team for about 3 weeks. This card folded for them for about 1 week-"stress testing":bigggrin:
    edited January 2010
    If I get my check this week, I WILL buy it from you. Promise Donut!!!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Do you really think Leo bought all his new?
    Not even one of them. Yours replaced one of mine that went bad. (EVGA's RMA/warranty service is worthless if you aren't the original buyer.) With respect to CPUs, video cards, and motherboards, I almost always buy used. Computer parts depreciate so fast that I just don't see the point in most cases for buying new. Just wait a few months then buy at half-price. The 9800GX2 is an interesting animal. They did depreciate about 50% at the 8 or 9-month mark, but for the last year and a half, they've held their value. I guess that is due to Nvidia's inabilitly to deliver a truly new generation GPU in the last two years.

Not really hijacking the thread here, Donut. In so many words, this was just my way of saying that the 'old' 9800GX2 is still a compelling video card.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2010
    Leo, a couple of forums I visit, I did a search on the 9800 gx2 and your name popped up :wink: (repeatedly :D)

These cards are a strange animal, for as old as they are, they are still very powerful. I got a deal on a gtx280 w/waterblock so I decided to let go this one. AFAIK, the gx2 still generates a higher ppd than the 280, but my 280 is running 40c folding (and I don't have to listen to the fan.):buck:

_k_, If you want to feel cleaner, my 8800gt has probably done a couple hundred thousand points for team 93 (under Leo's care) :) Also, I hear if you run them enough you can "cleanse" them ;D (this "dirty" card)

Q, I suspected there would be interest here. I do have it listed at the frog pond, but not at the forum I've been haunting lately. (If it lasted 3 days there, I'd be surprised.) I'll hold off listing it there until the weekend.

Leo, when a mod is posting positive comments, it's not hi-jacking.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2010
    Q- You have PM.
    edited January 2010
    Got it and now "You got mail"
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2010
    Back at ya.
    edited January 2010
    Q's got a ASS kicking GPU now!!! Wonder how frick'n high my Windows Experience score will be now!!! :D
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    the same
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited January 2010
    Sold to Q.