Icrontic Camping: Round Two

13»

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    If we get a campground I guess we should split fees. I kinda feel like we could find a place for cheap/free considering how many of us live in the KC area.

I might call my dad and see if he has any ideas, we mostly know of places back in the woods without the amenities of standard campgrounds.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    some people going will need amenities

and $18/day divided by those going I don't think is gonna break anyone

that said, I love finding an open spot deep in the woods and camping like men, but I don't know if that is what everyone likes
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    :(
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Stuff it Lynx you're going to E3. Airport bitch :(
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    ^Bump, when is this and where again?
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Sorry, can't make it this time. Wife reminded me of an event that weekend we had committed to some time ago.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    As much as I would love to, I can't make this. Two international trips in one month has drained my bank account and vacation time a bit.
    edited May 2010
    mertesn wrote:
    Sorry, can't make it this time. Wife reminded me of an event that weekend we had committed to some time ago.

Well hell, that sucks potato.

Myrmidon and Cannonfodder, you guys wanna do something up in Iowa then or stay in the Kansas City area? I'm not sure how many KC locals planned to go.

I want to reserve the campsite next week, the dates have not changed, June 11-13th.

Talk to me peoples!
    edited May 2010
    Well, then I vote for Redrock, its quite a bit bigger, and there are things to go see.
    edited May 2010
    After talking with Dan and Ryan, we will be going Elk Rock State Park on Lake Red Rock.

Jimmy, Amanda and I will probably head up after work Thursday night, since check-in is usually 6pm.

I have a tent for Amanda and I. I don't remember what tents Dan and Ryan had, but I'm sure we can put Jimmy somewhere ;)

We can figure out food etc in the next couple weeks.

Anyone who wants to join us is certainly welcome to.
    edited May 2010
    ok, I got two campsites reserved at Elk Rock Campground for June 10, 2010 4:00pm until June 13, 2010 3pm.

These are the sites and they are next to eachother.

campsite #61
    Elk_Rock_Modern_61.jpg

campsite #62
    Elk_Rock_Modern_62.jpg

The cost for two campsites for 3 nights was $104.00. I know cannonfodder was talking about having some of his friends come along also, so I will let you know how much each person owes me. If it ends up being just 5 of us, that's still only $20 for 3 nights.

Each campsite can have 6 persons, includes 30amp electicity and a fire ring.

We can figure out details in the next couple weeks as far as food etc.
    edited May 2010
    ok gents, time to plan

what I have:
    firewood - don't know if it will be enough, but it is all I can bring and it is dry
    1 tent for Alidra and I
    sleeping bags for Alidra and I
    one maybe two flashlights
    2 fold out canvas chairs
    four 4x6ft tarps with some nylon rope
    metal spatula
    small bottle of off bug spray

what we need:
    axe or hatchet
    large(huge) frying pan, one without a plastic handle for eggs, bacon, etc
    large(huge) pot, for boiling water
    coolers for food and drinks
    lanterns, any kind
    first aid kit
    marshmellow/hotdog pokers
    newspaper
    kinlin wood
    knives

and obviously food and drinks. I don't know what food we will be bringing yet.

please post what you got so we know what we need to get. thanks
    edited May 2010
    Jimmy, Alidra and I are tentatively planning on getting to the campground thursday night between 8-9pm.

if you want to get there sooner, lemme know I have the email with the reservations
    edited May 2010
    I have the following:

tent for Marie and I (its a bit large, hope there's enough space)
    Small(tiny) pot for boiling small amounts of things
    knives
    tin foil
    medium cooler
    water jug
    Sammy
    Stella
    Possibly 2 other friends bringing their own tent.

Food:
    I'll bring enough stuff for boy scouts and girl scouts (GF's version of the same thing) for everyone - that is one dinner for XX people.
    Some snacks
    SPOTTED COW!!!

I doubt seriously my ability to get there Thursday night, but Friday during the day may be plausible.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    At greg's request, I am posting in this thread to tell you I have none of that stuff but that I am still making an appearance.
    edited June 2010
    Myrmidon wrote:
    At greg's request, I am posting in this thread to tell you I have none of that stuff but that I am still making an appearance.

do ya at least own a frying pan? silverware?
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    A match book?
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    You specifically said 'large' frying pan, 'without a plastic handle.' Not only does my frying pan have a plastic handle, it has a plastic secondary-handle close to the pan for pouring shit out of. That would melt in a hurry.

Furthermore, you didn't mention silverware, but if it's that big of a deal, I can buy some plastic stuff or something.

I'm bringing my normal camping equipment + guitar. I usually camp on a motorcycle. My normal camping equipment doesn't generally consist of fire equipment; I pick that up at my last stop before the campsite. The closest thing I've got to stuff on your list would be my pocketknife, and my small electric lantern. I'm bringing those, but I guarantee the lantern isn't what you're after. My first aid kit is on my (currently in need of repair) motorcycle, and basically consists of two aspirin and a get well card.

...and I already ate the aspirin.

Is there something specific you want me to pick up or something?
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Hallmark sells the best first aid kits :thumbsup:
    edited June 2010
    I <3 you Dan.

bring the guitar, we'll figure the rest out later :)
    edited June 2010
    update:

we don't need a lantern, we have electricity.

so, someone got an extension cord and power strip? I got lamps
    edited June 2010
    I have an extension cord. Also looks like there will be some rain (lots?) this weekend.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Ya I saw it was supposed to rain here (though weather men suck for this area). I'll be bringing a can of weather/water-proofing spray I have laying around to put on my new tent if anyone would like to use it.

As for things to bring: I do have a pot we can use for boiling. Its the one we used last year so that should be fine. I have a cooler we will be bringing and I think we're going to pick up another when we get food on Thurs. Other than that I don't think I have much.
    edited June 2010
    I'll pick up a frying pan Thursday on the way to the campground, probably a hatchet also.

We'll also be getting food and drinks on the way there.