FS: 9800 GT(RMA) & 9800 GX2

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited May 2010 in Trading Post
1. XFX 9800GT. This is a card that I got back from RMA. 60$. This has been in a headless machine folding. Card does not through folding errors and Bioshock 2 launched a game fine but I didn't play any just verified.
I sent in a base model 8800GT and they sent me a "9800GT" with Zalman cooler. I did some checking on model numbers and it is actually a European 8800GT with a new cooler that they stuck a different cooler on and put in the US.

P1010952.jpg

2. EVGA 9800GX2, recertified. Replaced TIM with AS5 and have plastic washers one side to increase pressure. Folded with this card for over a year, went to EPIC with me once, recently has been in my main for quad-sli. 185$

P1010948.jpg

3. ocz3g13332gk. OCZ DDR3-1333 2GB Kit 9-9-9. 45$

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Attention, Folding@Home enthusiasts:

The 9800GX2 is still the number 2 most productive video card for Folding that can be had! The only card that can beat it is the GTX 295, which is WAY more expensive. (Sorry, the GTX 480 doesn't count. It's not yet supported by Panda Labs and it isn't for sale yet.)
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited March 2010
    Nice! If funds weren't tapped out...
    the 9800gx2 may be the number 2 folding card, but it's still number 1 in "bang for the buck"
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    If only that 9800GT had HDMI out, I'd liberate it from you. I've been looking for such a card for my HTPC
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    REDUCED THE 9800 GX2 TO 160$ shipped.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Tim, where are you? In Folding@Home, the card above will double the production of an 880GT, but will use only one PCI-e slolt.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I blew too much $ on building my quad GPU folding PC, and now I just spent $150 more on a better power supply. I'd like to get this GPU, but I need $ first. If some more cash comes in like it is supposed to in the next week or so, I could consider getting it if it is still available.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Sometimes I wonder what a Dual 9800 GX2 SLI would be like. :D
    edited April 2010
    That could be arranged since I do have two of them, let me know.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I have one GX2... Let me think about it. Probably not since I have to save some serious $$$ for EPIC.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I don't know much about running dual video cards. I have a 8800GT that I came with the Dell PC I purchased about a year and a half ago. Would either of these work in a dual setup or do you have to have the same exact card if you setup dual video cards?
    edited April 2010
    You can run it as a second card but you can't run SLi with it.
    edited April 2010
    I know so little about these things, what's the difference as far as performance and such goes between running it as a second card or running in SLi?
    edited April 2010
    You don't get any performance increase by running it as a second card you simply get the ability to run more monitors. SLi you split the work load between GPUs.
    edited April 2010
    OK, thanks. So if I wanted to run SLi I'd need the exact same card I already have, correct?
    edited April 2010
    Yup the only variance you can have in them is factory overclocked.
    edited April 2010
    Ok, thanks. Sorry for threadcrapping.
    edited April 2010
    9800GT sold to a [H]orde member.
    edited May 2010
    DDR3 SOLD
    edited May 2010
    GX2 SOLD ALL SALES COMPLETED