edited April 2010 in Hardware
Yes, that is all.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Good times. +1 is my next upgrade.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    nice work. I need to get a matching display to double up. I've retired my CRT, and I don't have a second LCD display to fill its place.
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Indeed.

I've been saving up for a third SP2309W, but I'll need an active DP adapter so I can run Eyefinity.

And then I'll probably want to run Crossfire.

But then I'll need a new PSU.

*sigh*
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Very nice.

Jealous.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    pics or it didn't happen, this looks shooped, etc.

Seriously though, nice on the 3rd monitor. I've never felt the compulsion to get a 3rd though. A few people at work have them and any time I'm using their workstations it always seems like the 3rd screen is superfluous. Then again, that's probably just because I've built my whole workflow around having 2.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Three monitors is a very good setup. I've been running that configuration for some time now. It's nice to have a central display and one additional display to either side for documentation, chat, simulations, or whatever else you may need.

Now to get a Radeon 5000 series GPU so I can game with all three at once...
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    You got me to pull the trigger. I'll be enjoying 6144x1152 tomorrow. I hope you're happy.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Get UltraMon.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Which, IIRC, does not work well with Windows 7.
    edited April 2010
    It doesn't, and hasn't been updated very well for a long time. I've been using DisplayFusion for a while... it's pretty solid and has some neat features, but I wish the other taskbars supported grouping like the real taskbar does.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    mason, I picked up an active adapter DisplayPort -> VGA for about $35. I know a lot of the others out there are way more expensive.
    edited April 2010
    Digital to analog? :(

I ordered Sapphire's active DisplayPort to DVI adapter today, but it's out of stock everywhere over here. If my hybrid Crossfire (5770 and 5870) works out, I may just cancel that.
    edited April 2010
    Worked out well in my case. I have fairly inexpensive HannsG monitors that only come with VGA and HDMI inputs, so I have to convert DVI to VGA on the other two anyways.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    dvi-> hdmi cables are relatively cheap, aren't they? You'd see a big improvement moving to digital only.
    edited April 2010
    Converting from DP to DVI to HDMI would be a bit lulzy for that last monitor.

I agree, though - all digital gives you a much better experience.
    edited April 2010
    They probably are. Might try out one conversion to see how I like it. If thats the case though I'm going to need to buy another converter.... :(
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    The adapters I've been looking at are $100, but I know they'll work. It's my understanding that some of the cheap ones still won't work with Eyefinity.