Icrontic Cinco de Mayo (May 5th in Ingles)

WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
edited May 2010 in Community
So, I decided I really miss everyone, and I'm having a hard time waiting until June to see some of my favorite people.

I want to come out to ICHQ and was thinking something in May. I also thought about Memorial Day or something (which maybe we can set up), but Jackie brought up Cinco de Mayo on Facebook, and that sounds fantastic!

We can drink sangria, margaritas, eat burritos, tacos, etc.

It's a Wednesday, but I don't have to work Wednesdays or Thursdays, so I think I might make a trip out there! And it will celebrate the ending of another semester. :)

What do you guys think?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Yes
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I'm down, though a weekend might be a little easier for most people to get together, I think. (I don't have a problem with the middle of the week myself.)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    In, if it's a weekend.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, gots ta be a weekend.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Well it's next Wednesday. So it's not a weekend.

But we can always do this for people that want to participate, and then also do a Memorial Weekend event?

Will create another thread for that.
  • lersheelershee Keeper of J Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Please! We can have a Cinco de Mayo party on the 7th - every other bar is doing the same thing. Call it "Siete de Mayo" or "Ocho de Mayo" or something like that.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I'll be unemployed by then, and I'm planning on going to ICHQ for a few days just for kicks, so consider me in.

Can we make an adjustment, perhaps? I had plans for that Wed that I'd like to keep if at all possible, and I can't do the weekend because I'll be in Chicago (pretty much all of my weekends are tied up until I move to California with various events).

Wednesday the 12th, perchance?

If a reschedule is not possible, I'll move my plans for the 5th. I definitely cannot do the 7-9th.
    edited April 2010
    I can't do the weekend of the 7-9th either. It's mother's day!
    edited April 2010
    I'm thinking Cinco de Mayo has to be Cinco de Mayo. haha. I have to work Friday the 7th I believe.
    edited April 2010
    Jackie,

Did you move to Detroit yet?
    edited April 2010
    Yup! I've been here for a week. :)
    edited April 2010
    Awesome! Congrats! :)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Ok, here's the deal.

I officially cannot be there the 5th. My director and I have been planning on spending that day as a sort of going away party for me (as per a challenge about three months ago, we're going to split a bottle of Bushmills between the two of us throughout the entire day :eek3:) He just got confirmed to get the day off today after pulling some strings, so it would be rude of me to switch on him now.

I'm still making a visit to ICHQ sometime soon, and I'd love to see as many people that can make it when I do, but sadly there's no way I can get there on Wed the 5th :/
    edited April 2010
    Create an event with a weekend when you are able to come up, and we'll plan around you to see you off!!
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Oh man, $3 New Holland brew. Good deal.
    edited May 2010
    Mmmhmmm.... :)

So who is still up for Cinco de Mayo this Wednesday? I'm still thinking I want to come out there. I'll be a single lady for the day ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2010
    Yes. Plz come.
    edited May 2010
    I will be getting my oil changed at 10:30, and plan on hitting the road after that. Might just stop at the Outlet stores in Howell, though. :)