[PvP]Welcome from the world of tommorrow!

SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
edited June 2010 in Gaming
So www.mmo-champion.com just release the new battleground "The Twin Peaks" which is a seemingly more interesting replacement for WSG. This new BG features LoS points, strategic choke points and more then just a flat plain to "fight or flight" on.

I am willing to believe that this is the first in a series of steps to create more balanced battleground playing fields that are up to the current lore that will replace their old antiquated brethren... If this is their plan for rated Battlegrounds then I am more excited than ever, despite the population imbalances we currently face on our fair server.

I will use this delightful news as a call to arms. I will be running rated BG groups with anyone interested in pushing themselves to success and conquering PvP in Cata as well as PvE. I know I already have several interested parties as well as a fair amount of people that BG on a regular basis. I hope that we will see you out there testing the waters of PvP and learning the ropes pre-Cata so we can jump in fists pumping come the expansion.

Cheers,
Spencer / Bigdirk / Visciv

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Count me in sir. I have a lot of PvP gear I need yet, though.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    can we finish Sarth first FFS <3
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited June 2010
    I didn't realize that they were mutually exclusive... I've been showing for it every week (but 1 which i lost track). I'll post an event so that there is no doubt amongst those in the group. Let's not hose anyone for rolling poorly into not receiving their due peeps! Also back on topic nowa.
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    count me in for a premade group. =D
    edited June 2010
    We're currently expecting both normal and rated battlegrounds to be cross-battlegroup (within a region) for the launch of Cataclysm. So, players queueing from anywhere in north america could play vs players on any north american battlegroup, etc.

Welcome to the fastest queues you have ever seen.
    edited June 2010
    cross-battlegroup! oh god this is going to cause some issues.
    edited June 2010
    Blizzard has essentially taken a shit on my minds eye vision of how I would expect rated BGs to be in wrath. According to latest news, rated BGs are no solo queue-able but instead are static teams of 10/15/25. What this essentially means, more or less, is that we'd have to have a day of the week set aside in which we all log on, exactly 10 of us, if any less show we can't go and if any more than 10 go we can't go. I'm kinda fed up with this change and very disappointed because the PvP titles are being changed too to only go to the top .05% of teams or so.
    edited June 2010
    although this change is in the direction i didnt want rated bg's to go in i.e. bigger version of arenas in a sense, im am still deffinetly wanting to do this, so if you do get a group together count me in for it
  • Dark_RadeonDark_Radeon Michigan
    edited June 2010
    Blizzard has essentially taken a shit on my minds eye vision of how I would expect rated BGs to be in wrath. According to latest news, rated BGs are no solo queue-able but instead are static teams of 10/15/25. What this essentially means, more or less, is that we'd have to have a day of the week set aside in which we all log on, exactly 10 of us, if any less show we can't go and if any more than 10 go we can't go. I'm kinda fed up with this change and very disappointed because the PvP titles are being changed too to only go to the top .05% of teams or so.

U mad?

At first, I agreed with you on the solo-queuing, but I then remembered why I hate BGs in the first place. With solo queues, people generally just AFK somewhere, try to sabotage the group, or just generally suck. With premades on both sides, it will be decidingly more interesting. Plus, if you get less than 10 show up, pug a slot or two. More than 10? pug a couple more up to the 15 mark. No big deal.
    edited June 2010
    You can't really afford to PuG because like arenas the PuG will have to play games with you til their rating matches yours (which is generally about 100 games on average) in order to get credit for that week.
    edited June 2010
    A clarification that sates me.. a little:
    There likely won't be detriments for losing rated BG games, but the increase of rating for winning. (At least when you first get going in them). Yes, you need to win to get rewards. Rated BGs aren't meant to be a way to just casually and aimlessly get the best PvP gear in the game, but to reward those who compete (and win) on the grand scale of battlegrounds.
    This was just mentioned above, but I'll reiterate just for the sake of it. You need to be in a full group to join the rated BG queue. The team can change every week, between every match, whenever you like. The rating you receive is personal and not team-based so it doesn't matter who else is in the group.
    edited June 2010
    hmmm..... im dissapointed in two things. one, that it has to be a full grp. two, its not team based but im not to particularly worried anymore because i doubt we will have the numbers for rated bg's