Vote for the winners of the PowerColor Eyefinity desktop wallpaper contest here!

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    There has been abuse of the system; people have been attempting to register on Icrontic and post multiple times in order to qualify for voting. The votes will be adjusted to reflect this abuse.
    edited June 2010
    One user has been registering multiple forum accounts in order to vote on their own artwork. That user is disqualified.
  • mime92mime92 peshawar
    edited June 2010
    There has been abuse of the system; people have been attempting to register on Icrontic and post multiple times in order to qualify for voting. The votes will be adjusted to reflect this abuse.

who really?
  • mime92mime92 peshawar
    edited June 2010
    One user has been registering multiple forum accounts in order to vote on their own artwork. That user is disqualified.

oh i think i know....DAMN!
  • Ivan100sicIvan100sic Serbia, Nis
    edited June 2010
    Cheater!!! I knew it!
    mime92 domination!!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    I have cast my vote :ninja:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Ivan100sic wrote:
    Cheater!!! I knew it!
    Relax. No one's better at sniffing out bad user accounts than Icrontic's staff. :) Yelling won't accomplish anything; let's keep the discussion positive.
  • mime92mime92 peshawar
    edited June 2010
    Ivan100sic wrote:
    Cheater!!! I knew it!
    mime92 domination!!
    you be my sidekick...haha jk..(its suppose to be L-O-L) :P
    edited June 2010
    I was just kidding people...
    Yes i be your sidekick.
    If i can't get any votes i'll help others! :D
  • mime92mime92 peshawar
    edited June 2010
    Ivan100sic wrote:
    Yes i be your sidekick.
    If i can't get any votes i'll help others! :D
    haha hey nooo!! dont wanna get disqualified..u know!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Voted...
    edited June 2010
    Not get them votes but tell them how awesome their entries are and how they still have the chance to get icrontic's or amd's hearts so they dont go mad and start spamming the forums. Wow long sentence
  • clifford_cooleyclifford_cooley Arkansas, USA Member
    edited June 2010
    That kind of defeats the purpose, if you're voting on something based on how other people are voting.

The idea is to vote for the one you like best.... not which is most popular.
    Thats not the way I see it. I voted for the image I liked best. Turns out its not in the top few. Now if I had a chance to vote on the top few, that could change the turnout.

Put it this way I liked allot of them but could only vote for one. Now that I know my first pick will not win, I wish I could place a new pick among the top picks. Believe me I would not vote on the image based on what others like. If I don't like what I see, I would not vote.
    edited June 2010
    I would allow people to RATE ALL designs instead of voting for only 1. Too bad.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    Perhaps a "blind" vote would have been best. Drop your vote into a "box" and it is not revealed until the winner is announced, THEN reveal who got how many votes. Just a suggestion for the future.

I admit that it's been fun to see the votes start to stack up and the "race" feeling, but it just isn't worth it when people feel they should have voted just to tip the balance between the top two or three.

Though to modify Ivan's suggestion, giving everyone the ability to vote on their favorite two entries may smooth things over a bit more.

But bottom line is: vote for your favorite, not to help tip a win. Fire and forget.
  • clifford_cooleyclifford_cooley Arkansas, USA Member
    edited June 2010
    I have a question. How do you think championships are won? I suppose you think they are unfair.
    edited June 2010
    This is not "discuss how we do things" thread. The contest is what it is. Enjoy it, vote, and have fun. If you don't like it, sorry :)
  • mime92mime92 peshawar
    edited June 2010
    Bandrik wrote:
    Perhaps a "blind" vote would have been best. Drop your vote into a "box" and it is not revealed until the winner is announced, THEN reveal who got how many votes. Just a suggestion for the future.

I admit that it's been fun to see the votes start to stack up and the "race" feeling, but it just isn't worth it when people feel they should have voted just to tip the balance between the top two or three.
    hmm that does make a point..people couldve selected a limited amount of votes..2 or 3 max..not more than that..but it really needs to be according to the entries submitted..
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2010
    This is not "discuss how we do things" thread. The contest is what it is. Enjoy it, vote, and have fun. If you don't like it, sorry :)

Valid point, but people will still voice their thoughts on everything that is on topic, contest rules included. Besides, it's hard to steer a discussion and keep it on point.
    edited June 2010
    You're right, there are always people who will interject their opinions regardless of whether or not they were asked.

Fact of life, I suppose :D
  • mime92mime92 peshawar
    edited June 2010
    True that too!!

people start voting on ur favs..(not promoting mine) (you gota mind! use it!)
  • OptixOptix New Brunswick, Canada
    edited June 2010
    I like close races. Run away landslides, unless completely warranted are a little dull.

Good luck! This one should be down to the wire!
    edited June 2010
    That's it, the poll is closed and it looks like Mime92 is the winner of the community vote!

Congrats, Usama! We hope you enjoy your new PowerColor video card :)

The staff-chosen winner and the AMD-chosen winner will be announced some time today (June 23rd) :)
  • mime92mime92 peshawar
    edited June 2010
    a BIG OMG!!
    well duh i am so happy right now.. u can see my smiling teeth (with braces) accross your screen! damn cant believe it..

anyway a small speech!
    *ahem* I like to thank everyone who voted for me. Its really a pleasure seeing my art loved/liked by people over the *Internet*. Thank you Icrontic and its Staff for arranging this contest. i got to see some really nice art work, even though some were 'okay' but they tried their best! Thanks Primesuspect for bringing up this contest an organizing it.. Thank you everyone again..:)

not much of a 'speech' but was okay..
    whoa i WON! :P
  • mime92mime92 peshawar
    edited June 2010
    so whos next :P ??
  • edited June 2010
    What happens if there's a tie?
    edited June 2010
    There was no tie, the winner was mime92. And I said earlier in the discussion: if there had been a tie, I would have used Random.org to choose the winner from among the tie votes.
    edited June 2010
    poll's closed mah boi

and now we wait for AMD's and staff's vote
    edited June 2010
    The AMD-chosen winner is Infrared and the Icrontic staff-chosen winner is AndreiBarburas.

Congratulations to you both!
  • andreibarburasandreibarburas The Netherlands
    edited June 2010
    Like I told primesuspect, this is the best piece of news I got in weeks. Thanks guys, and once again, keep up the good work.