What Client should I choose?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Make sure it is using 100% of your proc, then close the client and launch it again.

Is there a safe way to close it? Because last time I exited the SMP client, the next time I opened it it said that it hadn't been closed properly.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    ctrl+c
  • edited July 2010
    I exited the SMP Client and went back into it like you said, but HFM.NET is still showing the PPD in the 2000's.

I even reinstalled HFM.NET but still the same results. I dont see anything that I could of gotten wrong in the settings, all I did was add the GPU, CPU to the Client list and my user and team ID in the web settings.

Also taskmanager and coretemp are both showing 100% Cpu usage.
    edited July 2010
    100% yes but of what processes.
  • edited July 2010
    Well most of it is the Fahcore_a3.exe which is taking up 85-94. Then there is the GPU Client (2-5) and GPUZ which is taking up 2. The rest is made up of other processes like firefox etc that every now and then jump from 0-1/2.
    edited July 2010
    HHmmm maybe I am completely over estimating what a q66 can do, but I don't think I am 50% off(This is back when SMP was the top of the line). Especially since my phenom 9600 does 3728 at 2.3GHz.

LEO LIGHT!
  • edited July 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    HHmmm maybe I am completely over estimating what a q66 can do, but I don't think I am 50% off(This is back when SMP was the top of the line). Especially since my phenom 9600 does 3728 at 2.3GHz.

LEO LIGHT!

Ah ok. Well I'm thinking of overclocking my Cpu to around 3.2-3.4GHz I just need to look into a good after market heatsink to keep that heat down, as whenever I do something requiring all my cores @ 100%, (video encoding,folding etc) it gets so hot I have to take the side of my case off :D When its overclocked hopefully I'll get a bit of an increase for my PPD.
    edited July 2010
    BLAMO! Buy a fan and stick on that, never need another heatsink. There are also the Prolimatech Megahalems and Noctua HSFs
    edited July 2010
    Posting this for Leonardo.
    2K for Q6600 at stock on SMP2 is low. It should be - it seems - about 3K, assuming the user has entered a valid passkey and is receiving the bonus point. I run my Q66s at 3.2GHz. With the bonuses, typical PPD is 4k - 5.5k, depending on the WU, of course. There are some WUs that drop production to the high 3.XK range, but those are not usual.
    edited July 2010
    So any progress?
  • edited July 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    BLAMO! Buy a fan and stick on that, never need another heatsink. There are also the Prolimatech Megahalems and Noctua HSFs

Thanks I'll Probably get that Thermalright TRUE Black 120Rev.C heatsink. I probably wont be able to afford it till next year though As I'm going on holiday in a couple of months.

_k_ wrote:
    So any progress?

The problem seems to of gone now. I'm guessing the problem was either a fault in the WU or that the WU was so big @ 2Million steps. Now I've gotten a 500,000 step a3core WU and I'm getting 3042 PPD for it. Thanks for all the help :)

EDIT: I just got another 2 million step one and I'm getting 2080 PPD for it. Could it just because its bigger and it will take longer to complete therefor the PPD would have to get spread out more?