Feedback needed on sponsorship program

2»

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    mirage wrote:
    A click on the link to the sponsored thread could bring a frame of the sponsor website above the actual thread (e.g. see Google image search) If the visitor does not click somewhere in the frame of sponsor website, frame of the sponsor website shrinks to the top/side. I think this is acceptable.

If this is a go or considered I highly recommend modification of this: http://demo.rockettheme.com/extensions/rokbox/
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I just want to say....

What other community reaches out to its users to find out how they can add more value for its sponsors, and, have the community actually participate and care.....

Icrontic is the best.

You would be a fool not to want to sponsor this.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I wish the sponsor's info showed up more than just at the top of a thread. As a community member, I check the forum index frequently, usually looking at recent posts. I don't see sponsor stuff until I dive into a thread, and if it's an existing thread I don't see it until I scroll up and notice it at the top of a new page of replies. I didn't know NZXT was doing anything until this afternoon as a result. I'm in agreement with Shorty. If you want the community to notice, put the info on the forum index and main page.

But really, like today why should I click on NZXT's logo or link? I'm familiar with their products and now that I see they're investing in the community and engaging me as a customer, I'm content. I don't need to browse their products or read their history. As a consumer and IC reader, I already know what they're selling.

Their sponsorship today enhanced my opinion of the company without me having to click a thing. Why buy a pageview when you've already earned respect?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Since there seems to be a ^5 thread for each sponsor, why not put a little ^5 logo in the top of the two line ad (at the top of forum posts and bottom of articles) that links to the ^5 discussion?

Edit to add: Also is the rep from the sponsors going to be a regular feature? Pump the hell out of that, What an awesome thing to be able to pick the brain of the company itself!

-Digi
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I like the idea of having the sponsorship float on the page. I think it would be best as a bar that floats on the top.
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Agreed with CB, to keep the floating idea going here is an example of what I was talking about:
    http://www.acyba.com/

The TOP-RIGHT would be optimal because people constantly look towards the top of their browser for website controls, browser controls, and the top right corner to actually close the browser. You CAN'T miss i if it is up there, even if it is relatively small and no flashy colors.

I'd actually appreciate having it there because I could at ALL times know who is sponsoring Icrontic, and believe me I am influenced to buy from them if I know who they are ... regardless of whether I click their link or not. An elephant never forgets, ask Digi.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    I only noticed the sponsor bar because I was looking for it. I personally am not in the market for any games at the moment, so I had no interest in the link, but I remember thinking, "Wow, that Paradox sure is a class act for sponsoring Icrontic like this."