Icrontic gives NZXT a high five!

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I'm part of a market of "aging" gamers. Still very young (think 20-30), but not enchanted by things like bright colored LEDs or side windows.
    Here is what is important to me in a case, in order of importance:
    1. Build quality / materials
    2. Functional accessories (for example LianLi and possibly others provide rubber spacers with hard drive cases to reduce vibration)
    3. Clean sexy style (think Tycho Magnetic Anomaly One, not a 17 year old's 97 Honda Civic with underlighting)
    4. Ease of use when installing components
    5. Compatibility / functionality with the latest technologies/adapters

That being said, I go to newegg.com and I don't see anything from NZXT that appeals. I do however see the Adamas on your website, which does appeal.

Being an outsider with no marketing data to look at from any one company in your niche industry, I wonder if you can shed some light...

1. What demographic will be NZXTs primary target market in the coming years?
    2. If you are going after people like myself (see above), will we have more options?
    3. Is your industry forced to make outlandish designs with bright LEDs and case windows just because that is what sells?

Thank you for sponsoring, this is really great! Look you get valuable market data out of it on top of sales and social advertising :)

1. NZXT is planning to target a larger demographic in the coming years, expect us to come out with designs that are more mainstream and easier on "gaming" design<o></o>
    <o></o>
    2. I think that's answered in Questions 1 once we have more selections in the future
    <o></o>
    3. Not really, CM, Antec, Lian li Silvertsone are all companies that have thrived on simpler designs, although we are seeing them shifting their design
    <o></o>
    NZXT has been doing "gaming" designs from the beginning because that's what makes us unique. However, we also know that just because you're a huge gamer, doesn't mean you want your case to be a LED Spaceship
    <o></o>
    We're definitely looking into more conservative approaches to our future products. Hope that answers your questions : )<o></o>
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    LED spaceship. ;D
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Anne, we'll have a Vulcan review up soon. Magic is reviewing it, I'll ask if he can take pics of it next to another tower for comparison.

Will Do.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    You know what NZXT needs? A photo shoot of their products with some hot ladies.

Katarina_001.jpg ya
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    This is more of an business pitch, not a question:

How about teaming up with Asus (or any manufacturer) to create a laptop "Designed by NZXT." Obviously it would require some serious collaboration, legal work, etc. But laptop manufacturers would probably love to outsource design if not simply for financial reasons but to jump on your brand equity for marketing as well. There is a lot of synergy that could occur, and a simple value chain analysis could be enough to spark it.

If Asus and NZXT made a laptop together I'd buy it. If they called it the ASUS Icrontic edition as mentioned before I'd buy 5...
    edited July 2010
    _k_ wrote:

Katarina_001.jpg ya

That's more money they are spending on airbrushing, clown makeup, and craigslist postings ... and less money they are spending on the functionality of our cases.
  • edited July 2010
    This thread is getting interesting :) Any other illustrated ideas?

I want a water cooler case specifically optimized for radiators.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    mirage wrote:
    This thread is getting interesting :) Any other illustrated ideas?

I want a water cooler case specifically optimized for radiators.

+2. I like the Corsair 800D in some ways (hotswap, very stealth black, very understated, SIDE PANEL WITHOUT WINDOW.)
    But all the hose passthroughs in the world don't make me happy with the layout for watercooling. I would just about kill for a case that size, with 2x 360mm radiator slots that didn't require me to get out the Sawzall. Fifty points awarded for negative air pressure layout with center section as passthrough. :D
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Sort of a random question directed at the nice NZXT rep...

Do you guys plan on expanding into other markets other then computer peripherals and such? Such as processors, RAM or anything along those lines? I think there needs to be more competition in those departments....

p.s. I've noticed NZXT's fan base on facebook has rose by over 20 today. How many are Icrontians?!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    CPUs? :wtf:;D
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2010

Hey you never know...with enough money anything is possible....

...and I was more referring to GPUs rather then CPUs or processes that deal with them. There's gotta be some future plans to expand in to a different market segment
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Unf... I got a Beta EVO a few months ago. Love it. It's definitely one of the best built and the best designed case I've ever owned. now I just need to get one of the NZXT quad SATA cable bundles and clean up some of my cable runs...
  • edited July 2010
    Mr TRiot wrote:
    Sort of a random question directed at the nice NZXT rep...

Do you guys plan on expanding into other markets other then computer peripherals and such? Such as processors, RAM or anything along those lines? I think there needs to be more competition in those departments....

p.s. I've noticed NZXT's fan base on facebook has rose by over 20 today. How many are Icrontians?!

Everything is possible.. we just need the right people and resources to do it. Right now we've got our hands full trying to make the best gaming components.

The only way to find out how many are icrontians is to have a shout out : )
    edited July 2010
    How do you pronounce NZXT's name? N-Z-X-T? Other? Does it stand for something?
    edited July 2010
    Timely:

Today my son's computer (housed in an NZXT M59) took a spill off his computer desk (his desk is a piece of shit). The front bezel cracked, the power supply receptacle broke, and the side popped off. The heatsink popped off the CPU.

I reassembled everything, replaced the PSU, and everything is good as new. The bezel has a crack in it, but everything fit back together and, most importantly, it kept everything else safe.

The fact that nothing is bent/skewed/shattered is a testament to the build quality of NZXT cases.

Thank you!
  • edited July 2010

Tyan and Supermicro makes quad-socket F motherboards (not ATX) for 8000 series AMD Opterons. We bought a compute-server with 16 cores (4 quad-cores) using one of those Tyan boards. They are lovely but sound of four CPU coolers, dual PSU's (redundant) plus case fans is too loud. I was dreaming about water cooling that in a workstation case. It is now possible to use 8- even 12-core CPUs with those motherboards.
  • edited July 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    How do you pronounce NZXT's name? N-Z-X-T? Other? Does it stand for something?

yes, it is pronounced N-Z-X-T....it actually doesnt mean anything. The closest thing we have is "stylized version of the world NEXT" but there was no consensus : )
  • edited July 2010
    Timely:

Today my son's computer (housed in an NZXT M59) took a spill off his computer desk (his desk is a piece of shit). The front bezel cracked, the power supply receptacle broke, and the side popped off. The heatsink popped off the CPU.

I reassembled everything, replaced the PSU, and everything is good as new. The bezel has a crack in it, but everything fit back together and, most importantly, it kept everything else safe.

The fact that nothing is bent/skewed/shattered is a testament to the build quality of NZXT cases.

Thank you!

We're glad to hear that our M59 did its job well : D
    edited July 2010
    NZXT unleashes the Phantom in September.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    Are there any plans to release a new version of the Whisper, or will this remain the primary storage server case? I'm in need of a case for a home storage server. Right now it's sitting at ten drives on a RAID controller plus the system disk.
    edited July 2010
    Oh my gosh. BuddJ was just talking about how much he has been looking for a case with a good door on it.

Why not take a few higher end cases that have doors and make a version without a door? Honestly I hate doors. I have a ThermalTake Armor right now and the bump guards are just big enough so I don't destroy the foam bay covers and small enough I can live with them. But honestly if the high end cases that had doors had a version with no door or even just a replacement front piece that I could easily order/come provided with the case would be freaking epic.

Make replacement fronts with no doors for your cases with doors. Be an uber winner in my book.
  • edited July 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Make replacement fronts with no doors for your cases with doors. Be an uber winner in my book.

:thumbup
    edited July 2010
    They've lowered the final prize barrier to 5000 fans, and thrown in a new Phantom case at the Level 6 tier

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=135916186445814&id=17437970300
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited July 2010
    In, ^5 again NZXT

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    In, ^5 again NZXT

-Digi

What does carrot 5 mean?

I just won a case. I'm shitting bricks with joy :rockon:
    :respect:NZXT

Edit: Oh, high 5. Took me a bit, but I got it :honoes:
    edited August 2010
    ^5 = high five.
    edited August 2010
    Winners of LEVEL 4 Beta EVO's!! Congratulations to:

BXD Freedom
    Daniel Siebes

Friggin AWESOME! I think I tinkled myself when I saw that! Grats Ninja!

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    _k_ wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1686555637#!/album.php?aid=473499&id=17437970300

-Digi
    edited August 2010
    Besides the women being a little to skinny I think I should get something for MY IDEA...like a lady or a lap dance.
    edited August 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Besides the women being a little to skinny I think I should get something for MY IDEA...like a lady or a lap dance.

Maybe you could enjoy a Sandwich together?

-Digi