StarCraft 2 GoGo!

Comments

• TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    After over 1000 games of 1v1, I FINALLY got my promotion to Silver! AMAZING! I left the announcement screen up for about 15 minutes, took photos and video of it, texted a neighbor, etc.

But the way I got it seems pretty weird.

I've been playing nothing but Bronzes since Season 2 began. Win a few, lose a few, etc. I was #15 in my division, after being as high as #7 the other day.

Today the game FINALLY started showing me some respect, and matched me against 2 players who were in the top 10 in their Silver leagues. I lost both games, but it took them a while to beat me in each one.

Then I was #15 Bronze, and got matched against a #65 ranked Bronze. After kicking his ass, it promoted me to #14 Silver!

I lost to 2 Silvers, beat a low ranked Bronze, and got promoted......

In fact, before this one win, my last 5 1v1's were losses.

Seems weird, but I ain't complaining.

Been wanting to get Silver for a long time!

Now I'm kind of afraid to play 1V1, I might lose and go back to Bronze!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Since they added Grandmaster league it has actually been incredibly difficult to move through the leagues.
    edited April 2011
    Perhaps they made lower leagues easier to move through and toughened up the higher ones? Because now there's more leagues to have people spread out in?
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    It was actually a huge problem for me to actually rank up, my affair with bronze league was fairly brief if I remember right, but I was in silver forever, even though I won quite a few, even against the gold and plat people I was matched against. I only moved up to gold after the season reset.
    edited April 2011
    Actually, according to the forums on battle.net, a bunch of people are being promoted today for aparantly no reason, bronzies becoming silver, silver to gold, ect. Strange.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Congrats tim!

I've not been playing as much lately so I've been losing more - starting to get matched against high platinums again :(. Gonna have to step up my game.
    edited April 2011
    Same here, school had me busy for the past two weeks, and now I'm being matched up against low level golds QQ
    edited April 2011
    Enough of this ladder nonsense. I just discovered that somebody has ported the entirety of SC1 campaign into the SC2 custom games. Stats, units, abilities etc. are all the same as they were in SC1.
    edited April 2011
    O.o

Does this mean that you could theoretically have Brood War matches in SC2 in a 1v1 setting?
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    I actually played Brood War over Easter Break with my nephews. Good times.
    edited April 2011
    cola wrote:
    O.o

Does this mean that you could theoretically have Brood War matches in SC2 in a 1v1 setting?

Well somebody could and probably has created a map from Brood War with the improvements that SC2 has brought. I.E. Graphics, AI, mapping. I know Big Game Hunter has been remade many times, for example.
    edited April 2011
    Yea, I've played BGH with Winfrey before, didn't know that was a BW throwback though lol.
    edited April 2011
    Guys...I'm officially friends with WhiteRa over facebook XD
    edited April 2011
    Alright I have a night off and assuming my internet holds up(it's been randomly shutting off) I would really enjoying playing some tonight if anyone is interested.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    Enough of this ladder nonsense. I just discovered that somebody has ported the entirety of SC1 campaign into the SC2 custom games. Stats, units, abilities etc. are all the same as they were in SC1.

I just became interested in SC2.
    edited April 2011
    edited April 2011
    shwaip wrote:

I know all of the terran campaign is out when I'm not posting from my phone ill look it up for you.
    edited April 2011
    Those are the terran and zerg campaigns from sc1, no protoss or anything from BW.
    edited April 2011
    I played half of the terran campaign and it's pretty solid. The biggest deviation is they let you have medics, which is quite nice.
    edited May 2011
    For anyone mildly interested in StarCraft and if you feel like doing something good for the Community at the same time. Liquid TLO (one of the best players in the world) is holding a 24 hour charity drive. All profits from commercials played on his stream go to Doctors Without Borders.

Nothing is required of you other than to enjoy some quality game play and deal with an occasional commercial to help thousands around the world.
    edited May 2011
    So how is me watching commercials and Starcraft 2 games from TLO going to help thousands around the world?
    edited May 2011
    Tim wrote:
    So how is me watching commercials and Starcraft 2 games from TLO going to help thousands around the world?
    All profits from commercials played on his stream go to Doctors Without Borders.

You see when they play a commercial on their stream they get money for playing it just like a television station would. I'll let you figure the rest out.

The event ended at 4am however.
    edited May 2011
    I watched a good 5 hours or so :D
    edited May 2011
    I watched some - I think I only caught some micro UMS games.
    edited May 2011
    Most of the games I saw were his SC2BW games. Those were pretty sweet. Also he did some 2v2s with his brother TBO, The Big One, :D

Cool dude, cool thing to do, great charity.
    edited May 2011
    Also, I'm finally back in town and don't have any deadlines this week - anyone want to play some this wednesday?
    edited May 2011
    He also had several pretty funny games with Spanishiwa. I'd be down for playing some on Wednesday.
    edited May 2011
    Hmm... how can I get money by having people watch commercials during my semi-fail Silver ranked Terran 1v1 games?

All proceeds would go to benefit the Tim Personal Financial Well Being Foundation.

I'd need to get a stream on TeamLiquid, though. Might be a problem.
    edited May 2011
    You can stop being a Jackass three post ago. Kthx.
    edited May 2011
    I'm up for Wednesday.