Classes and Server for IC Guild on Cataclysm

13»

Comments

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I don't give a shit what I play. Just assign me something.
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Annes wrote:
    I don't give a shit what I play. Just assign me something.

Play Paladin.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    I am bringing my Shaman over, so if it is a matter of needing one we will have mine. As for a new character. I am going to play a Dwarf Hunter. Unless of the current tank wannabes dont wannabe, then ill play a pally.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited September 2010
    ZenMode wrote:
    Bloodlust/Heroism is nice - but we can live without it for sure. Play what you want sir!

No sweat, I'll have Time Warp (mage heroism/bloodlust) I'm not gonna leave us hangin! I don't know that there are too many buffs we'll need from shaman (if any) we won't get from our druids asside from Lust which I shall be providing.
    ZenMode wrote:
    Play Paladin.

I agree, they are getting a lot of needed buffs. I suspect they'll be the best healers AND tanks in Cataclysm.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Good. I'm glad it's decided. Annes = paladin. Now you all just go to hell.
    edited September 2010
    :( I ruv joo?
  • FearmyblinkFearmyblink California Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    would love to finish leveling the shaman i started on that server (draenei) but i would really play any class that needs to be played.
    but i also dont know when cata comes out and i havent gotten my new comp yet either.... =/ so that kind of poses a problem....
    edited September 2010
    For reference: http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90973

This will be the place to check for all class/race/prof selection information... The list will update from replies on this thread AND the other thread based on most recent information.
    edited September 2010
    how dominant is alliance on that server? ive heard alliance is pretty jesus like on that server in terms of pvp atleast. i would really like to play alliance since the highest i ever got with alliance was like a 52 pally, and i like them a lot better than horde (except for tauren and undead). Too bad stormwind didnt get an amazing revamp like Orgrimmar did.... o well Iron Forge is amazing.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    my initial plan is to play tank (prolly dwarf paladin) until lvl55, as to level with you guys through the new old continent, then I'll switch to DK tank since Dan The Man will have Paladin tank and Steve-o is warrior. Yes the DK will prolly be Worgen, or Gnome to compliment engineering. yes, a gnome tank just brings me lolz

hmm, looking at gnome racials, they would make great paladin tanks (escape artist, increase intellect)...FFFFUUUU blizzard
    edited September 2010
    how dominant is alliance on that server? ive heard alliance is pretty jesus like on that server in terms of pvp atleast. i would really like to play alliance since the highest i ever got with alliance was like a 52 pally, and i like them a lot better than horde (except for tauren and undead). Too bad stormwind didnt get an amazing revamp like Orgrimmar did.... o well Iron Forge is amazing.

KT is one of the best PvP servers for Alliance out of all the US servers.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    how dominant is alliance on that server? ive heard alliance is pretty jesus like on that server in terms of pvp atleast.

Well, I am not so sure about the KT server if we are always going to be getting flogged and nailed to a cross...

But for srs, that server seems to be very high population. I don't want to pick a server because our side will be dominant and have to wait in line for a half our to get in each time.
    edited September 2010
    The Battlegroup is roughly 50/50. Some of us came from that battlegroup Horde side. The server itself is the strong part. The ratio is roughly 1.3:1 which is exponentially better than Tortheldrin and pretty much as close to perfect as you can get while still favoring alliance.

Also, although the server is very good at PvP it is not nearly as full of elitism issues as Tortheldrin Horde side (Predestined anyone?) nor would we be in a situation to be chastised for our performance PvP. We simply are moving to a higher quality pool to draw from.

Edit: After pulling up information on the server I found this little gem... Man I am excited...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3GsLK2o7Xk
  • HydrarHydrar Columbia, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2010
    Anyone know roughly how many hours in-game it takes to level to 70 or 80 come Cataclysm (quests/instances most of the time)?
    edited September 2010
    I purposely have not touched the beta. I just want to enjoy the ride.
  • steadyfluxsteadyflux Maryland Member
    edited September 2010
    Scott suggested I post. I am down for all of this group leveling and rerolling I think.

I wanna play a healer... but I am too lazy at the moment to look up what race/class ... any suggestions? I like the idea of a draenei or worgen.
    edited September 2010
    Currently we have no Shaman healers cause I swapped to Mage... In my opinion the changes to Shaman are very powerful and could restore them to their end of TBC glory... No guarantees but that is what we are lacking.

On the other hand, there are also two designated healing specs for Priest so depending on what Eli was intending on doing, a second priest could be a boon as well.

You can never go wrong with a second Paladin, especially since they gave them some AoE healing too!

Pretty much anything but druid is a solid choice (I hear 4 is enough).
    edited September 2010
    i do believe we need 5 mage dps because when we did that 25m with 5 mages the ratio wasnt good enough so it will be better in a 10m.
    side note: finally alliance and another server....
    edited September 2010
    the person i despised the most on the server was probably serophix that stupid rogue from predestined..... or jermain lol thought he was a genius

alliance looks pretty good on KT most of the top arena teams are there
    http://http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kel%27Thuzad&cn=Filovirus
    this lock is like number 2 rated player across all BG's i believe..... not that that's good or anything ;D
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2010
    I'm a Paladin, and my name is Alvalin
  • ZenModeZenMode Royal Oak, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Charshie wrote:
    Helllooooo. So. Thinking to join with you bishes if you're starting from scratch. As Thrax will attest to, I have been playing wow like...long time and stuff. Have some chars on cenarion circle but don't do much with them any more since I can't afford the same time investment I used to spend raiding. One night a week is very doable though.

I hate healing and seems you folks have enough healers anyway, so I'd wanna go dps - thinking rogue, though I played for years as a fury warrior/main or offtank so am pretty fluent in that if you guys would prefer. Sounds fun.

Hey, were you still planning on coming over with us to KT?