Official Icrontic Minecraft Server

1444546474850»

Comments

• Bad-Mr-FrostyBad-Mr-Frosty Member
    edited April 2011
    sounds like a plan
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited April 2011
    Server has been updated to 1.5_02 compatible build. Have fun.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited April 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    Server has been updated to 1.5_02 compatible build. Have fun.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I have a paper to write, it's never gonna get done now.
  • edited April 2011
    Don't know if it's going to stay down, but the server just timed out for me and double
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    It's up and running. I'm able to log in. Had to update the server and some plugins.
  • CyrixInsteadCyrixInstead Stoke-on-Trent, England Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    OMG I can't believe it's taken me so long to realise that there's an Icrontic Minecraft server. I rarely come onto the forums these days, I just check out the news on the main page. I was thinking this morning that there never seems to be any Minecraft stories on the homepage, so I thought I'd visit the forum for a change and lo and behold, here it is.

I've only ever played Minecraft in single player mode, so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like with other players to interact with.

I'll apply for the whitelist and hopefully be able to add my bit to the no-doubt great world that exists on the Icrontic Minecraft server.

~Cyrix
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    Just in case anyone is wondering "Where has CB been?" (I know you have). I lost my motivation to play with update 1.4 - not with anything Notch did. I love all the improvements, but that update broke the minimap mod I was using, and it hasn't been fixed. I was totally spoiled by the minimap, and can't play without it now.

This is not a complaint or a request for help, just an explanation. Expect me to jump back in with both feet when Minecraft introduces a native minimap.
  • Bad-Mr-FrostyBad-Mr-Frosty Member
    edited May 2011
    CB wrote:
    Just in case anyone is wondering "Where has CB been?" (I know you have). I lost my motivation to play with update 1.4 - not with anything Notch did. I love all the improvements, but that update broke the minimap mod I was using, and it hasn't been fixed. I was totally spoiled by the minimap, and can't play without it now.

This is not a complaint or a request for help, just an explanation. Expect me to jump back in with both feet when Minecraft introduces a native minimap.

dunno if you've seen http://notch.tumblr.com/
  • edited May 2011
    Or
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=97332&p=1456935#ZansMini

I can't work without the minimap either but someone took over the mod development when zaneris gave it up after 1.2
    edited May 2011
    I tried to work with the new Zan's mod version, but it apparently requires a bunch of other steps that I have zero interest in learning about. When I used it at first, it had an auto installer executable, and that was great, now it doesn't, so I call that broken.

I did try for a few hours to figure it out, but the instructions were full of misdirection, and mockery of people who don't already understand (like pictures of crying babies and stuff). It was dumb, so I gave in, and stopped playing altogether. :/

As I said: I'm not asking for help figuring it out. I'm really not interested in figuring it out anymore. I'm patient. I'll wait until either a version with an auto installer is released or the official map function is added. :)
  • edited May 2011
    Fresh minecraft install with only zans minimap added

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3370840/minecraft.jar

Just replace the .jar in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin

and you're set
    edited May 2011
    You're deadset on helping me, aren't you. :P

Thanks. I'll give it a try this weekend. :)
  • edited May 2011
    <3 Hopefully things get better when the API is released but I know how much it sucks to get used to a really good mod and then it's just taken away.
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited May 2011
    I'm working on a big killing field for passive mobs to the north-west, if anyone wants to help or donate, I can literally use all the dirt you can give me.
  • RaboragarooRaboragaroo Canada
    edited May 2011
    I just got minecraft. Will definitely try this server out
This discussion has been closed.