State of Liquor @ ICHQ (for ICOK 2010)

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited October 2011 in Community
THIS IS FROM 2010. DISREGARD AND SKIP TO END.

RUM: I recently counted 17 open bottles of rum at ICHQ. After combining Sailor Jerrys and Capt Morgans, we have about 11 (including Capt Morgan Spiced, and various flavors like Pineapple and Coconut). Brian and I don't drink rum much. For the love of all that's holy, use the rum in the house before bringing more. Don't say "oh that rum's too nice to put in my Coke." No, use it.

VODKA / Flavored: We have many flavors in the house. We always need more raspberry, triple espresso, or plain. Otherwise we're set with melon, pear, pomegranate, and more in the beer fridge freezer. We also have several random partial bottles of schnapps and sour mix. Again, help yourself.

If you want bitchin' drinks, I recommend Rasberry Absolut or Smirnoff, Black Haus schnapps (free hugs if you find this), any Hawaiian-style schnapps, and any berry and/or peach schnapps. RapeDrinkâ„¢ services will be provided as requested.

Bourbon & Single-Malt Scotch: Mine & Brian's favorites. There is never enough. :D

Bailey's: Never enough; nearly gone.

Jameson: We have plenty. Drink it.

<strike>Jaegar: There is a partial bottle in the beer fridge's freezer. Brian and I won't touch the stuff so help yourself.</strike> Gone

Gin: There is a gin emergency at ICHQ. Not a drop of New Amsterdam in sight.

Tequila: We currently only have high-quality tequila in the house (i.e. not for dumping in margaritas).

Comments

• SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited October 2010
    The goal: Finish everything off (listed above) at ICOK. I believe in you Icrontic!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    The goal: Finish everything off (listed above) at ICOK. I believe in you Icrontic!

so, what ya gonna do the second night spence? :tongue:
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    You mean... I can drink capt and coke all weekend?

WIN.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    More than "I can"... We're ASKING YOU TO.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    But how much beer is there?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    But how much beer is there?
    Enough good ones to start, but it will go quickly.

There's a case of Busch and a case of High Life. :wtf: Both are getting pitched if they're still here afterward.

Do bring to share: micro brews! :D (this includes Sam Adams & Yuengling, of course)

Don't bring more than YOU plan to drink: Guinness (a few already in stock), PBR, or anything by "the big 3" (Miller, Bud, Coors). :zombie: Not really being a beer snob, they simply don't get drank.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    And they sit in our fridges taking up space for months.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Ryan, Spencer... We're gonna need a lot of coke.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Coke? I met a guy in LA. Name's Rocco.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    And they sit in our fridges taking up space for months.

The upside to this is that a fridge that contains a reasonable amount of liquid is more efficient (and therefore less of a strain on your electric bill) than an empty fridge, because the crap beer acts to even out temperature changes, requiring the fridge compressor to run less often and for shorter spans of time.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I think we can all agree that an efficient fridge filled with good beer is a much better option.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Hell, send me the "cheap" beer, better than that overly hopped bullshit most of y'all call beer.
    edited October 2010
    pigflipper wrote:
    Hell, send me the "cheap" beer, better than that overly hopped bullshit most of y'all call beer.
    Come here and take it.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    That's what she said.
  • RyanMMRyanMM Ferndale, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    I'm going to come over there and "borrow" a gallon of rum.

And by borrow I mean "abscond with."
    edited October 2010
    no! Jimmy and I have plans to get drunk off that for a week.
    edited October 2010
    You won't even notice it's missing. I swear.
    edited October 2010
    You have no idea how much Jimmy and I can drink.

:D
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    You do know that any time there's an abundance of rum... well... there's usually a shortage in Lansing. Right around my house. I'll pay for delivery :D

I need to get my hands on some Krakken Rum. I hear its even better than Sailor Jerry.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Coconut run and coke zero! Yum! I believe Meghann and I will also be bringing a jug or two of cheap and delicious sangria!
    edited October 2010
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Coconut run and coke zero! Yum! I believe Meghann and I will also be bringing a jug or two of cheap and delicious sangria!

So you'll be set for Thursday night....what about the rest of the weekend?

Also Ryan and I worked out the math on the rum. If those are 11 750mL bottles, then for 2 people that's 15 shots each for 3 days. I think this froupd of people should have no problem making the rum disappear :D.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    I need to get my hands on some Krakken Rum. I hear its even better than Sailor Jerry.

Krakken is damn good rum, but a 750ml costs about twice that of a Sailor 750ml.
    edited October 2010
    Totally worth it, if only because saying "RELEASE THE JERRY" sounds really lame.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    So you'll be set for Thursday night....what about the rest of the weekend?

Also Ryan and I worked out the math on the rum. If those are 11 750mL bottles, then for 2 people that's 15 shots each for 3 days. I think this froupd of people should have no problem making the rum disappear :D.

Methinks you started earlier on this celebration.
    edited October 2010
    Tushon wrote:
    Methinks you started earlier on this celebration.

Started early. Just woke up. Close enough.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    Is some of my White Russain pre-mixed stuff still there, or should I pick some up on my way?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    You do know that any time there's an abundance of rum... well... there's usually a shortage in Lansing. Right around my house. I'll pay for delivery :D

Agreed with Pigflipper, Krakken is fantastic. Dat vanilla....

Funny, in Cali I can get Krakken for $20, while Jerry costs $15-20. So I switch it up.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    CB wrote:
    Is some of my White Russain pre-mixed stuff still there, or should I pick some up on my way?

Bah, pre mix :(. I'll go in on some good vodka w/ you for caucasians.

///edit//// that espresso vodka might make an interesting drink.
    edited October 2010
    CB wrote:
    Do not recall seeing it; unsure.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2010
    DNRSI;U