Smilies.

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited February 2004 in Community
I can't use any smilies. They're all there but if I click one nothing happens. I know others use them so it muxt be me but what????

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Which browser Mr B :)
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2004
    IE,v6.
    edited January 2004
    Thats wierd, anyone else having this issue? It could be a template issue with the interface, Il check with Jelsoft incase there is a bug with it :)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    :respect::cool2::vimp::grumble::topic::sawed: :o :eek: :bs: :confused2 :mad2: :wave::tongue: :bigggrin: :range::rockon::( :usflag: :mad::scratch:

No problem here - they click just fine for me...
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Sounds like you have Javascript off. Click "Tools" from the top menu and click "Internet Options", then select the "Security" tab and click "Default Level".
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2004
    I still hate the random smilie pallette. Can't we just put the most used ones in the pallete and leave the rest for the extended page?

Dexter...
    edited January 2004
    Ditto, it still goes off the edge of the screen so you can't see them all and it looks a right mess.
    edited January 2004
    Reset security. When I click one the page 'blinks' and comes back but inserts no smilie.
    edited February 2004
    I still can't use them. I can do colon, bracket and get :) but I can't use any by selecting them.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2004
    Does it still happen if you open the [More] page with all the smilies?
    edited February 2004
    The more smilie box opens but clicking them doesn't do anything at all. The box just sits there as if I hadn't clicked anything.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Did you check your javascript though?

When you get a PM, do you get a PM popup?

Does this only happen in IE? Have you tried mozilla or firebird?
    edited February 2004
    There is no reason why smilies wouldn't work :(

It's got to be a browser issue. Im still delving into it at Vbulletin's site but Im not finding any reports of them now working.
    edited February 2004
    It HAS to be something to do with security settings. His browser is just ignoring JavaScript.

I know, for a test, bothered, Go here - http://atomnet.co.uk/?p=guides&id=5 - and click the link half way down the page that says "this" (it should be a pale green colour). If nothing happens then your JavaScripting is broken.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Hey bothered, are you by any chance running AvantBrowser 9.0 or a popup blocker? I had the smilie issue with AB 9.0. I added S-M to my exception list and no more problem.
    edited February 2004
    Enverex wrote:
    It HAS to be something to do with security settings. His browser is just ignoring JavaScript.

I know, for a test, bothered, Go here - http://atomnet.co.uk/?p=guides&id=5 - and click the link half way down the page that says "this" (it should be a pale green colour). If nothing happens then your JavaScripting is broken.

Tried. A box pops up but there's nothing in it, just a white empty box.
    I'm typing this with Zone alarm off so it isn't anything on its popup blocking.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited February 2004
    Do you have the google toolbar by chance?
    edited February 2004
    No Google here. If it is something to do with JavaScript wouldn't it affect anything else? Everything is working fine except these smilies.
    edited February 2004
    OK, I just tried the link in VoEs post in Shortys giving up fags thread. I get the pic below but clicking 'play' doesn't do anything. So, if javascript is broken how do I fix it?
    VoE.jpg 42.4K
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Try this. Go to http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and download sun java. Then install and try again.
    edited February 2004
    Cheers Neo. It now works for VoEs link but the smilies still don't?????
    It has fixed something but....
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    Oh well, your one step closer to perfection ;)