A New Challenger Approaches... (ThIcK)

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited June 2011 in Minecraft
With the establishment of Bloodsport Island I issue a challenge...

Thursday Night Icrontic King Of The Hill :mouldy:

Starting This Thursday February 3rd I will log in establish a King of The Hill Hut and place a sign in it, and announce my status as King of The Hill on in game chat. I challenge you to take over my hill. You will need to destroy my sign, place your own and announce it on in game chat to become King.

I will be logging in around 6pm PDT (9pm EST).

Rule #1: Anything goes on PvP island. Bring whatever you want onto the island. Take whatever you want off of the island. (Keep this in mind, whatever you bring onto the island could potentially be taken from you and then taken off of the island. You have no right to it at that point)

Rule #2: The battle does not go outside of PvP Island. Worth Repeating: The battle does not go outside of PvP Island. Do not fire across the borders of the island.

Things to consider:
*Expensive armor and weapons are good for offense, but remember they drop when you die possibly making your opponent(s) stronger.
*Trust who you will, alliances and betrayals are not only allowed but encouraged.

What can't you do?
Read apparently, Have someone who can read explain Rules #1 and 2 to you. ;)

At about 9pm PDT (midnight EST) the player that last claimed the hill will be this weeks King of The Hill.

I look forward to any challengers but I can understand if you are too scared to come out and play :rarr:

Comments

• RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    You should record the shens.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Ha, I accept your challenge, FORESOOTH I SAY, I SHALL CLAIM SAID HILL!
  • edited February 2011
    Didn't have any interest in heading into the bloodsport isle, but this organized PvP event sounds like it may be fun. Sadly, I have other plans most thursday nights, but I'll see if perhaps I can catch the tail end.
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    DOING THIS, oh yeah, I don't have minecraft.
  • MechfoxMechfox Texas
    edited February 2011
    I'd like spectator stands. This sounds hilarious.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Mechfox wrote:
    I'd like spectator stands. This sounds hilarious.

I thought about this.... Only way I could think of pulling it off would be to put a platform up above the island but not over the island. You should be able to see whats going on but stay out of the way of the battle.

If you find a good vantage point where you can see "The Hill", build a small platform and watch, then we can expand on it later (path/ stairs to the platform)

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    The story of the King so far....

1. I setup a hut and placed my sign, Digi was King

2. A New Challenger Approached, Cola arrived and from my perch I watched mobs kill him. He left behind some TNT. When he came back I watched him search for his stuff. Not finding it he went for the hut and set his sign. Cola Was King.

3. I followed behind him and set some TNT but he got out, the blast hurt us both. He was empty handed and no match for my bow+arrows. I killed Cola, Set my sign. Digi was King.

4. Cola returned, invisible no less, set off some TNT I was setting up as a trap and beat me to death with whatever invisible weapon he had. He got a couple iron swords and the TNT with a bunch of other random stuff I had acquired on PvP Island. As I lay dead I watched Cola (who I could then see) set his sign. Cola is King.

As I prepared my attack the server died and is still down. There is still a little more then an hour left before King of the week is crowned.

Mr Cola, I don't know if there was a glitch on my side that made you invisible or hax on your side. If it was a mod/hack then I am disappoint with you.

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    I assure you it was a glitch, and the thing I beat you to death with was none other than my fist, I fight like a man.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    I've seen that happen many times. It's a code glitch, I'm sure.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    How far is spawn from Bloodsport? :D
    edited February 2011
    The server came back up at about 8:30. I got on and reclaimed King status. I was unchallenged at 9 (midnight EST), But I'm naming Cola "King of The Hill" this week for his Ninjary in battle.

During tonight's battle the highest peak on the island became a big crater. The Hill will be relocated next week.
    cola wrote:
    I assure you it was a glitch, and the thing I beat you to death with was none other than my fist, I fight like a man.

Says the guy who brought TnT to the party ;)

How far is spawn from Bloodsport? :D

Not very Far. Take eastern road, right at the tunnel will take you to Skeleton road, make a right at the T and it takes you straight to PvP Isle. Only about 1-2 min walk and very dangerous at night.

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    Woot, thanks man, it's good to be the ninja king :D
    edited February 2011
    Get into the ThIcK of it!

Tonight at 9pm EST. If Cola is on, he will start as King. If not, Come at me Bro!

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    I'll be chillin with ya if I can :D
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Don't taze me brah! o_O
    edited February 2011
    Had some fun tonight with TT, Malpercio and Tony getting in on the action.

After a good 2 hours of defense, Malpercio is King!

-Digi
  • MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited February 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:

-Digi

:rockon:
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:

-Digi

I was killed by an invisible Mal, which was freaky because I was in a tower, heard a spider, and saw the wall disintegrating. I thought spiders could dig through dirt now or something.

Since i was too far away from my weapons cache, I found a skeleton bone, came back to PvP island, pretended I couldn't see Mal again, then beat him with it when he wasn't looking.

But as the saying goes 'don't bring a bone to a swordfight'... or something
    edited February 2011
    There was plenty of treachery on PvP island.
    edited February 2011
    Sarzee I couldn't show, my girlfriend brought me to a mentalist/magic show, and it was awesome.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Ghoosdum, Zanthian, Crazy Joe, Colgere, and I were Skyping while we Minecrafted on Thursday night, and were amused by the occasional koth chats.

We all cracked up at once when one of you lamented that obsidian was now involved, and you (I can't remember who it was at this point) haden't remembered to bring a pickaxe.

I guess you had to be there...
    edited February 2011
    I should have brought more than just 7 blocks of obsidian with me...
    edited February 2011
    It really is fun trying to be ninja in this game. Hopefully the "Players not being able to see other Players" bug goes away soon. On that note you may want to disconnect and reconnect just before stepping onto PvP island.

Hope to see more peeps there tonight at 9pm EST! Come dethrone Malpercio! The hill didn't get blown up last week, as a matter of fact it got built up quite a bit, the Hill will remain in the same spot this week. Just up to the right of the main entrance to PvP Island.

And remember to hop on Vent for in game chat / trash talkin ;)

-Digi
    edited February 2011
    I might be there to participate tonight, dunno for sure, though, got a test and then I got to go pick up a friend of mine who lives about an hour away.

At the very least, have fun, and for the first man to reach the top, I wish you luck, although I really didn't add too much of a hazard to the top of the hill...
    edited February 2011
    I was not there for most of the day. I went on for about 30 min and set myself as king. When I came back Joe was king and uncontested til 9pm.

This weeks King of The Hill is CrazyJoe!

-Digi
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    o_0

He showed up at the hill with no armor or weapon, only a flower and some white wool, so he planted the flower and turned the wool into a white flag... and became king!
    edited February 2011
    All Hail King Joe! He brings Peace to the land.

Huzza!

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Hurry... someone dynamite the hill... this peace will not stand!
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    It's good to be king!
    edited February 2011
    Peace? Peace. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Griefers, and thee.