A New Challenger Approaches... (ThIcK)

Comments

• UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Hitman will give it a go!! AND HE WILL BE KING OF THE HILL!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Not likely if I have my way :P
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    The majority of the battle yesterday was Sir Cola battling Sir Joe. From what I gathered in chat there was some epic moments and a few assassinations of the king.

The tower on the hill... is now a lava fountain. PvP island is taking shape rather nicely.:rarr: The hill will be moved next week.

In the end Cola was king. Congratulations to our first 2 time ThIcK King, a true Ninja King Cola!

-Digi
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited February 2011
    Alas, my feather and I were not able to defend the title... Until next week...
    edited February 2011
    Lol, shit was epic alright, we should record these battles :D
    edited March 2011
    Mr Cola, Will you be there this evening? If so I will leave it to you to claim a new "Hill"

Either way I am stocked up on supplies. Let's Rock!

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    I'm coming on now, had to hang out with my gf before spring break, I'm not going to see much of her till afterwords.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    *Trust who you will, alliances and betrayals are not only allowed but encouraged.

Just quoting for posterity. ;)
    edited March 2011
    Yep, teamwork, surprisingly effective. I pass my kingship on happily to the new (and first ever team) to achieve kingship. Nice job guys :D
    edited March 2011
    An awesome time tonight. We had a band of Fellows calling themselves The Mitey Worriers who took over PvP island and held it for no less then 2 hours.

They came up with some innovative techniques that are going to change the way you have to look at PvP island in the future.

I honorably anounce that we have Kings of the hill this week: The Mitey Worriers

Congrats guys!

On a side note PvP island is becoming quite something to see. If you have a chance on a Non Thursday night to carefully go check it out, you should. Even from a distance it is quite a sight.

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    I would like to publicly apologize for how my ramblings may have been taken on the server tonight. I was venting a bit, /home was being used to warp back to the island after death and I think my colorful typing/mouth may have been taken wrong. I don't remember exactly what I said but I'm pretty sure I called you guys curse words (Something to the effect of "You f***ers are using /home!") and I can 100% see that being taken as an attack. I assure you it was not meant to be and was all in the spirit of talking trash (heightened by the fact I was being outsmarted ;)). Sorry 'bout that guys.

You guys came up with an innovative way of holding down the island and that is the point of KOTH. I thank you guys for participating and look forward to finding ways to counter your gang in the future.

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    Be careful if you do, I've had issues with random non-creeper induced explosions probably due to random TNT traps I happen to miss, and there are no torches and a hell of a lot of lava there.
    edited March 2011
    cola wrote:
    Be careful if you do, I've had issues with random non-creeper induced explosions probably due to random TNT traps I happen to miss, and there are no torches and a hell of a lot of lava there.

Oh yeah, I setup about 15 TNT traps on the island before The Worriers slaughtered me and took over.

Animals set quite a few of them off, but I'm sure there are still a few out there.

*Beware: Land Mines*

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    The /home play was certainly unfair if nobody else uses it, so I plan to refrain from using it for pvp in the future. That being said, I had fun on the island. I spent most of my effort building up to the top of one of the lava flows so that I could douse it with water. I think next time I might try to find and dig up those horrendous music blocks that forced me to mute my pc! And I plan to fight fair. I understand the / home throws off the balance of pvp action, I just never realized you guys hadn't been using it all along. I need to find a faster way of getting to the island than my ten minute trek through town, though.
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited March 2011
    there will be more lava.
    edited March 2011
    I need to make a grinder so that TNT is a more viable option for me :D
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    Cola, I worked a bit on the grinder you started to the SW of town. It'll generate some item drops, but it's still quite slow. I'll help expand on it if there's more cobblestone available. It's been really useful in clearing out my hall!
    edited March 2011
    Hitman's grinder is workin, Not super speedy but I got 3 stacks of gunpowder last night. See Community Grinder thread for more info.

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    Oh yea, I forgot about that one, I think it really needs to be optimized because mobs aren't blocked within the whole area around the grinding part.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I need to find a faster way of getting to the island than my ten minute trek through town, though.

A FASTER WAY YOU SAY?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsf8kNEFE5KI7wMxZXWDjauyvdbBIHjLzWYVyGrhTdB9ukMOF6Xg
    edited March 2011
    Well played, my friend.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    I would be fine agreeing that we limit the /home to the entrance of the island instead of anywhere on the island.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited March 2011
    That sounds reasonable. Everyone "respawns" at the gate after they get reequipped.
    edited March 2011
    Yea, that sounds reasonable.
    edited March 2011
    A gentlmans agreement then: /home to be used only to warp near the island, not onto it. I like that.

Did anyone battle on Thursday?

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    There was a battle or two, and some trap avoiding. Hitman came a few hours late to the party, but in the end Captain Mustache was king.
    edited March 2011
    I'm blowing up the entire island tonight. Just sayin.

-Digi
    edited March 2011
    I'll bring some bombs to the party too :D
  • edited March 2011
    We'll claim this night a success.
  • edited March 2011
    +hitler