2»

Comments

• ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited June 2011
    I agree, any location ideas?
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Would you be willing to become President of the IC-PWA? You can work with other builders to create factories of all sorts and mass produce materials for ICMC:CPs?

-Digi

Challenge accepted.

Will begin work on a ICMC-PWA HQ building, suggestions for location? I'd volunteer my IC town igloo plot, but it's not big enough for a lot of the machinery / tree farming needed.

edit 1: people are welcome to suggest machinery needed. Basically I've got unlimited water (duh), unlimited cobblestone, and unlimited stone handled.

edit2: I'm going to try and build a tutorial in-game on how to make any arch between 2 points as well. I think i can do 2-dimensional, variable-radius arches as well fairly easily.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Chemriof wrote:
    I agree, any location ideas?

Yes, to be determined/relieved at a future date :-P
    Challenge accepted.

Will begin work on a ICMC-PWA HQ building, suggestions for location? I'd volunteer my igloo plot, but it's not big enough for a lot of the machinery / farming

Awesome, Thank you for stepping up. I figured that /giveing materials would make the process smoother but in the spirit of the game, producing/mining all the materials ourselves will allow us to take 100% more pride in our projects.

Location wise, How about using the Blue Mine as a starting point? It is far enough out that Lapiz is available and there is lots of land out there. I will leave design and such up to you. Whenever you need help, just say the word. Maybe start a ICMC-PWA thread for collaboration.
    edit 1: people are welcome to suggest machinery needed. Basically I've got unlimited water (duh), unlimited cobblestone, and unlimited stone handled.
    One should assume that Wood/Charcoal is covered in that? I can advise on Cacti/Green Dye (auto farm), Wheat/bread (spiral farming), Reeds/Paper/Bookshelves (Basic) and Wool (Spider Grinder).
    edit2: I'm going to try and build a tutorial in-game on how to make any arch between 2 points as well. I think i can do 2-dimensional, variable-radius arches as well fairly easily.
    Arch Reference that I have been using: http://i.imgur.com/51qxx.png

-Digi
    edited June 2011
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    I figured that /giveing materials would make the process smoother but in the spirit of the game, producing/mining all the materials ourselves will allow us to take 100% more pride in our projects.

Agreed. I probably wouldn't participate otherwise, where's the challenge? :)
    BobbyDigi wrote:
    Location wise, How about using the Blue Mine as a starting point? It is far enough out that Lapiz is available and there is lots of land out there. I will leave design and such up to you. Whenever you need help, just say the word. Maybe start a ICMC-PWA thread for collaboration.
    -Digi

A soon as I can figure out where the Blue Mine is...sure! lol.
    edited June 2011
    A soon as I can figure out where the Blue Mine is...sure! lol.

From Grand Central Take the Green Line to DigiStation. Then down Skeleton Road, Hang a right at Blue Mine Road and hold on for about a 5 minute ride to Blue Mine. (Take some track with ya, Last time I went out there there was some creeper holes).

-Digi
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited June 2011
    Lol thats the super long/ Scenic way to BM. I havent double checked the nethergate continuity, but a faster way is to use the Black Line/Midnight express from GC (its the black wool on right) to get to the Nether station, then use the minecart track on the low level where you gate in to get to BM. It takes about 2-3 minutes total I think.
    edited June 2011
    Heh, forgot about the Nether portals in SMP now. Someone should make up a thread that explains how those are currently setup ;)

-Digi
    edited June 2011
    I like the scenery. :)
    edited June 2011
    getting off topic

Pretty sure this would be doable as a spawn welcome with pistons:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dL4z61hxw2U&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I have a prototype auto-farmer near DickKeep. Once pistons are added to the game, we will be able to harvest everything with the click of a switch. We can scale the farm up as needed (given enough open space) provided. Not sure if digi's spiral farm uses water to auto-harvest. If not, I have an idea about making a vertical spiral auto-harvesting farm...
    edited June 2011
    Now that Epic is over I'm going to be finalizing the idea for New Spawn soon. If you have any other ideas make sure to throw them out here!

-Digi
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    I'm loving the new spawn discussion. Great ideas.

I like the idea of some kind of temple. Anyone that's played The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time knows that awesome feeling of going through the Temple of Time and coming out as grown-up Link for the very first time. You're in this temple, there's tributes to Zelda-ish stuff everywhere (even if just subtle).

What if we had some almost surreal temple or building, with subtle Icrontic tributes added to it. The biggest thing I would love to see (temple or whatever ends up being the design) is either the IC fedora or name (or both) engraved into the floor with golden or diamond blocks. It was look glorious. Would set a great first impression on newcomers.

Just throwing the idea out there for considerations.
  • TheRedburnTheRedburn Spaceman K Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    i love ocarina of time. what a great game.
This discussion has been closed.