To Nashville in a Fiat

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Lifestyle
So Fiat reached out to me and asked me if I wanted to drive a Fiat 500 to Nashville to attend the Fiat Freakout event. I, of course, said yes, because that's an awesome opportunity. Now that I'm a regular working schlub again, I had to clear it with my supervisors, but that went through and now I've got a shiny new 5-speed manual 2011 Fiat 500 in my driveway

Anyways, I'll be blogging about my trip on my work blog, but I'll also update this thread so that I can share with you guys.

The 500 is the smallest car I've ever been in, although the interior is roomy enough for two. It does have two back seats, but they're a little tight. The trunk is very small, so it wouldn't be good for, say, a family of four to take a protracted road trip in.

The last manual car I drove was a 1985 Jeep CJ-7, which was about nine or ten years ago, so I have nothing to compare it to, shifting-wise. It's smooth as butter as long as you know what you're doing :D

On a side note—”I went the "trial-by-fire" method of re-learning how to drive stick on a major freeway during bumper-to-bumper rush hour. Fun! I only stalled twice...

Anyways, after driving it around town this evening, I'm back into the swing of things and I'm finding my confidence in this little monster.

Comments