To Nashville in a Fiat

2»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Haha, while that would have been cool, I went straight through from Cincy to Nashville. I'm leaving the car here and they'll be shipping it on to Atlanta. I'm flying back. Sorry :(
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Ah. Okay!
    edited July 2011
    Nashville is a fantastic place to drive around a fun car. Lots of hills and open spaces. I found a road by the airport that had no one around for two miles. It was like a test track. It was curvy and wide open. I had some fun :D

I visited a restaurant on the far west side of Nashville, and I am staying on the eastern edge; the drive to the place was gorgeous; through hills, around horse ranches and State parks. It was idyllic and perfect driving in a little sports car.

I am falling in love with the Fiat 500. Seriously. I went to the configurator today and played around with it for a half an hour :(

One of them.

Another.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    If Chrysler would drop about $5k off the price, this car would sell very well.

But $20k, there are about 15 better vehicles cheaper imo
    edited July 2011
    One thing I've learned about Fiat owners and enthusiasts: You're not buying specs, and most of them don't care about what's 'better' in one person's opinion or another; they're buying into a community, a club, a culture.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    One thing I've learned about Fiat owners and enthusiasts: You're not buying specs, and most of them don't care about what's 'better' in one person's opinion or another; they're buying into a community, a club, a culture.

well yea. VW, Jeep, Volvo and others is the same man :tongue:
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    So it's the AMD of the car world? :p
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited July 2011

Kinda like Turbo Dodges. And AMC. Yeah, we've got some cars with some seriously impressive numbers. We've also got the 1972 AMC Ambassador with the 360 V8, which does the standing quarter mile in uh. We'll get back to you, probably next week.
    It's really that way with almost all of them. Though really, I'd say the Fiat 500 gang is a lot like the Datsun 510 gang (they're remarkably similar cars though, so a given,) and the MG gang.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:
    So it's the AMD of the car world? :p

I heard Cliff roaming around here somewhere.
    edited July 2011
    Here's the slideshow of pics I took:

<object width="630" height="525"> <param name="flashvars" value="offsite=true&lang=en-us&page_show_url=%2Fphotos%2F60092510%40N04%2Fshow%2Fwith%2F5974177730%2F&page_show_back_url=%2Fphotos%2F60092510%40N04%2Fwith%2F5974177730%2F&user_id=60092510@N04&jump_to=5974177730"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/slideshow/show.swf?v=104087"></param&gt; <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/slideshow/show.swf?v=104087&quot; allowFullScreen="true" flashvars="offsite=true&lang=en-us&page_show_url=%2Fphotos%2F60092510%40N04%2Fshow%2Fwith%2F5974177730%2F&page_show_back_url=%2Fphotos%2F60092510%40N04%2Fwith%2F5974177730%2F&user_id=60092510@N04&jump_to=5974177730" width="630" height="525"></embed></object>
    edited July 2011
    jefMjI.jpg
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    jefMjI.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS!!!