ICRenn 2011

124»

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Lincoln wrote:
    I'm not sure what's funnier: my awesome typo or your typo'd reply. ;D (fixt)
    Hahahahahahaha ;D:wtf::hrm:
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    So much win and awesome right now... Drinking yuengling and playing dominion :)
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Wish I was there. <3
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Preacher and company are INCREDIBLE hosts. Thank you guys SO MUCH for feeding us, letting us act like idiots in your pool, and dealing with us at your beautiful home. Seriously, major props. Today was AWESOME.

We had a frigging blast at Preach's place. Incredible food aside, the entire day was an absolute blast. Jimmeh, Cannonfodder and I created the official Icrontic swim team. We couldn't stop creating bigger and bigger challenges for ourselves to attempt to complete (and after copious beers, the results were getting interesting). We started by jumping through an inner tube that was maybe 5 inches wide, and it ended with us trying to walk across three different inflatable surfaces, jumping over a fourth and going through the inner tube at the end, crossing about half the length of the entire pool. Despite the injuries, this was a riot.

Rexar took a six hour nap. It was pretty impressive. Kids these days.
    edited September 2011
    And now, at the end of ICRENN 2011, I must say that this is quite possibly the most fun I've ever had with an Icrontic event. The Renn Faire was WAY better than I expected. I'm totally a Renn Faire convert. The food has been good, the beers have been phenomenal, and the friendships are priceless. Effing Icrontic, how does it work?

Pictures will be up soon. Probably not until I get back to California, though.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Icrontic events: making me regret not having money to travel since '07.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Kudos to Anne and Eli for getting us together for another great event! Cheers also to Preacher and Co. for dealing with us as Bobby mentioned. We were a touch on the wild side :)

I had an absolute blast this entire week! I feel like I had more than my fair share of personal accomplishments: rock climbing, setting hammer records, and, of course, the Preacher pool olympics! (How the heck did we fit through that 5" hole?)

For now, safely back in Iowa...

Cola: someday, man. Someday!
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    The inner tube has been officially christened the Icrontic Bunghole. Of course, many famous Icrontians made it through that starfish...backwards AND forwards. You are all VERY welcome and we were honored to have you. It was (Or in Rex's case, sleep through half the day!).

Anywho, it seriously was a blast...a day (10 hours to be exact) full of great folks, hilarity, good conversation, and great food. Props to Mrs Preacher and Preacher's sister and bro-in-law who did much of the prep work and cooking.

Of note, I highly recommend we stick with Labor Day weekend for Rennfest. It really gave people time to get their drink, talk, bunghole diving, and Renaissance on!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Top 3 Icrontic event of all time (and I've be to 20+ events). Thank you Anne, Prag, Preacher and company for hosting.
    edited September 2011
    The Icrontic bunghole! Don't act like you don't know!
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    What an awesome time. Thanks to Anne and Eli for hosting, housing, and entertaining all of us. Thanks to preacher and family for the awesome pool party. And thanks to everyone that attended for making trip even more awesome.