IC Terraria Server

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Gaming
Server: siebes.homeip.net:7777
password: Icrontic

Thank You to our own PirateNinja for hosting it for us.

If you need anything, throw me a PM.

Enjoy!

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Ya anyone can contact me if there is an issue or you need something.
    It may lag at times (ie. if I play TF2 or do debugging work since that is also used as a remote dev station). But that should just be here and there. It's in Long Beach, CA and has a 2Mb/s upload and most of the time 2+ gigs of ram free.
    It shouldn't go down, if it does for a moment it should auto-restart itself.
    PM, email, text me .. whatever, if it goes down.

Cheers
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    It says I'm not using the same version as the server.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Your client is out of date.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Steam auto update fail. Verified integrity of game cache, 6 files failed to validate. Fixt
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    So now is a good time to think about layout. How do other Terraria multiplayer servers end up? Is it like a row of "houses"? What do we want out spawn to look like?

-Digi
    edited August 2011
    lPEoCl.jpg

This is like painting a canvas

-Digi
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited August 2011
    I think there are a few important considerations... I would make the place a fortification of sorts to prevent blood moons, goblin invasions and more from doing damage. In addition, there should be an underground farm for blue mushrooms and for expensive storage to prevent any loss from a freak meteorite.
    edited August 2011
    Server will be down this afternoon to update to 1.06.

Edit: All done.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/1-0-6-changelog.50278/

so much new stuff!
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I just finished the "hellevator" underneath to the main spawn point....

It's not perfect since you can't drop completely down yet without dying but it's a lot further then it was before...

Add me to steam if you want to play!
    edited August 2011
    *Warning* Do not take the Hellivator unless you have a way to warp back to spawn/ground level. You can always die but you lose 1/2 your coins from what I gather.

-Digi
    edited August 2011
    I'll put wood platforms in it and deal with the water at the bottom later tonight
    edited August 2011
    It <i>is</i> called a hellevator for a reason. ;)
    edited August 2011
    Worth noting that it's currently $4.99 on steam for anyone who wants to get in the action. Patch 1.6 just came out, and it's enormous.
    edited August 2011
    I agree, it is a nice deal. 1.1 is also in the works which is expected to be quite big.

Are you guys creating new characters for this server or using existing characters?
    edited August 2011
    If I play, I will be using my existing char from version 1.1 or so.
    edited August 2011
    I haven't played since the week it was released on Steam. Making a new character.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Mr TRiot wrote:
    I'll put wood platforms in it and deal with the water at the bottom later tonight

CAn't put water in the bottom of a pit to hell (unless it stops just outside of hell). Water evaporates down there. cobwebs work, but they don't last. There are several items that can be used to negate or avoid falling damage though, so it's not a big deal once everyone is well equipped.
    edited August 2011
    The water stopped a couple feet from the bottom of hell which sucked....
    edited August 2011
    Server is going down for 30 mins so I can install an optical drive. Would be quicker but the case is not easy to play with. htpc case, slim drive.

brb terraria.
    ---

All done.
    edited August 2011
    Updated to 1.0.6.1 (sawmill so we can play ikea)
    edited August 2011
    Anybody want to play this evening and take a serious crack at mining and building something cool? I sort of need to "re-learn" how to play, but sounds fun.

I'll be in and out of the server this evening.
    edited August 2011
    I'm down, I'll hop on when I can.

I suggest using Vent also for communication.

-Digi
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I'll hop on after I grab some Capriotti's for dinner :)
    edited August 2011
    Hey folks, I completely converted the house to stone and made it more symmetrical with better lighting and more space.

We have two gold chests now full of the loot I collected. I made us a kitchen and started on a bathroom.

Fun. :D
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Is this server still up? I tried to connect but it just sits at connecting for a long time and never connects...
    edited September 2011
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Is this server still up? I tried to connect but it just sits at connecting for a long time and never connects...

Sorry I just noticed this post. There was an issue with FireDaemon. I fixed it, and everything is back up.
  • edited October 2011
    does anyone even play this server anymore? it looks like it hasnt been played in a month or two
    edited December 2011
    Is there any interest in me updating the server to 1.1? It's been down for a bit since nobody uses it, but I'll do this if there is a smidgen of demand.
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    did they release new content? ...i haven't logged onto steam in a while, and i'll probably answer this question for myself when i get back home from work :P
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    Yes there was a ton of new content. So much so that I started a new server and I am playing through for the third time and having a ton of fun.