Android - Central Management?

QCHQCH Ancient GuruChicago Area - USA Icrontian
edited August 2011 in Science & Tech
So, I've looked around but I cannot find a nice app that allows for central management of android systems (tablets). Microsoft SCCM 2012 CLAIMS it will be able to manage several mobile platforms but...

Anyone researching Android Central Management?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Calling Seth and TT?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    BES now supports iOS and Android. Also found this: http://www.zenprise.com/managed_devices/android_management/
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I've looked at BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) and cannot find anything about managing Android. The Zenprise stuff is interesting. Thanks...
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited August 2011
    Speaking as someone running BES it doesn't support iOS or Droid. Google and RIM also seem to agree on that subject.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Maybe it's a BES derivative, but I have read about RIM putting out an enterprise product to support those two.

//EDIT: It's not released yet: http://press.rim.com/release.jsp?id=5017
    edited August 2011
    Thanks, Seth. More ammo to use on upper management. They will no doubt find some Russian company that claims to be able to manage all mobile OSs and even most watches and calculators. They will buy THAT and ask us, engineers, to make it work... ;D
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    and then wonder why all of their corporate secrets are now products in Russia.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    I found this one a while back - Enterproid. Not sure how awesome or crappy it is, seeing as I'm not an admin of any sort in this kind of arena.
    edited August 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    and then wonder why all of their corporate secrets are now products in Russia.
    We cannot have that, now can we. They cannot handle the secrets found at the second most powerful particle accelerator. We ~DO~ have the largest store of antimatter in the world. ;)

Snark, I'll look at that one too... Thanks everyone!
    edited August 2011
    (when you have an entry level job opening for a future sysadmin, do send me a message)
    edited August 2011
    You want to move to the Chicago area? If so, I ~DO~ have some pull with the IT subcontractor we use to fill in spots in our desktop support and help desk. Know how to script? Know how to package applications for SCCM?
    edited August 2011
    I imagine picking up SCCM would take me a weekend to get the basics and not much longer to learn (I'd have to be better than the jokers that do FDIC work) but I'm not looking to move to another desktop support position. I'm getting paid rather well for the desktop support job I have now, so my next move is going to be into a sysadmin role. I'm not tied to Dallas, but Chicago wouldn't be my first choice :P. Maybe Snark will show me some love and I can drop everything and move to the Netherlands.