2012 Icrontic Events

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited December 2012 in Community
All events are in Michigan at Icrontic HQ except, of course, the Rennfest. Subscribe to the Icrontic Google Calendar.

New Year's Bash (#ICNY - 4th Annual)
30 Dec 2011 - 2 Jan 2012

We needed a winter event. We tried December events and we tried January events, but in the end we said "who else would we want to spend New Year's with but Icrontic?" New Year's Eve is a Saturday this year, so you have no excuse to miss it!

St. Patty's (#ICSP - 5th Annual)
16-18 March 2012

Somehow, St. Patty's turned into a national alcohol-imbibing holiday for the US, and so you'll find plenty of Irish stouts and creams during this event, but teetotalers will have plenty of fun at our third-created and third-largest event too. This year we hope to incorporate participation in the Detroit festival Marche du Nain Rouge so expect this year to kick it up a notch. (EDIT: They scheduled the Marche for the 25th, so it looks like that'll be its own followup event)

Memorial Day MeatFeast (#ICMF - 3rd)
27 May 2012

An Icrontic BBQ. Before there was Expo, there was Memorial Day shenanigans courtesy of Kwitko and the Body Electrix. Getting the B& back together for some meat feastin'.

Expo Icrontic (#EPIC - 9th Annual)
20-24 June 2012

If you're not familiar with the Expo, the only way to describe it is a giant social gaming bash. You can play in video, board, and card game tournaments; complete a Duct Tape Engineering Challenge; go on a curated Detroit Food Tour; go golfing at daybreak; and generally spend five days being with awesome friends. We think it's safe to say that it's the highlight of our year, and we'd love to have you join us if you've never experienced it. Everyone who's been to one raves about the great time they have here. This is the original Icrontic event and it lives up to its reputation.

Summer Shindig (#ICSS - 5th Annual)
17-19 August 2012

A nice quiet adventure, this is our Expo after-glow event. If you couldn't get enough of Icrontic at Expo (or talk to everyone you meant to), come out one more time before summer slips away and hang out on the HQ patio for a barbeque. There is usually a field trip to the Woodward Dream Cruise.

Rennfest (#ICRENN - 4th Annual)
31 August - 3 September 2012

Annes and pragtastic host our only annual "away" event in the metro DC area. This event is dominated by board games, delicious food, and beer (wait, isn't that every event?). On Saturday we arrive at the Maryland Renaissance Faire at opening and stay there until our legs give out.

Oktoberfest (#ICOK - 6th Annual)
26-28 October 2012

After our fourth Expo, one event a year just wasn't enough anymore. Oktoberfest was the second event added to our roster, and continues to be our second-largest event. On Saturday our costume party begins after dinner and stretches into the wee hours of the morning. Expect music, dancing, and great times. If you can't make Expo, aim for this one.
fatcat

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    YAY. :)
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Haha... Ninja edit.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Really wish I had enough vacation and spare cash to travel to all of the events
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    mertesn wrote:

Same!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    mertesn wrote:

Did all of the events in one year and a couple of odd weekends. In total, I spent over a month at ICHQ in one year's time. (think it came to about 6 weeks)

Thanks for the thread Lincoln
    edited October 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    Did all of the events in one year and a couple of odd weekends. In total, I spent over a month at ICHQ in one year's time. (think it came to about 6 weeks)

Thanks for the thread Lincoln
    It's a 16 hour drive for me. Or a $500+ round trip. Plus I'm expected to participate in family vacations.
    edited October 2011
    mertesn wrote:
    It's a 16 hour drive for me. Or a $500+ round trip. Plus I'm expected to participate in family vacations.

this was back in 2007 when round trip airplane tickets cost $82 from mizzou to detroit :wink:
    edited October 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    this was back in 2007 when round trip airplane tickets cost $82 from mizzou to detroit :wink:

Ah, that would help.
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    WOOO :) Love Icrontic <3
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I will never make another Expo ever again. They're always going to be on my anniversary.

Edit: But since I get more time off this year, I see no reason I can't make either ICSP or ICOK
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Edit: But since I get more time off this year, I see no reason I can't make either ICSP or ICOK

Or...you know...ICRENN. Which is like 2 hours from you. :-P
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I will never make another Expo ever again. They're always going to be on my anniversary.
    You could, you know, take a trip for your anniversary and stop by to say hi. Expo isn't JUST for playing games nor is it necessary that only ONE of you attend. #peerpressure
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Clearly the answer is to get divorced. EXPO is more important.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011

I'm pretty sure Icrontians are supposed to plan their marriage dates around EXPO. Real Talk
    edited November 2011
    ICHQ has you balls in a jar Dustin, yanno, in case you ever need them again....

:D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Any wife should realize that moving the anniversary a weekend before or after will not make a marriage fail. It's a date... if it makes you happy and you are willing to bend on some other item in the marriage, be flexible.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    I'm pretty sure Icrontians are supposed to plan their marriage dates around EXPO. Real Talk

Yep. That's what I did. I was supposed to get married the last weekend in June, but I made sure we pushed it back two weeks until the middle of July... Just don't tell my wife... ;D
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Unfortunately she wanted to married on the Solstice. Hence the date.

As far as Expo is concerned, it'll be a few years. You're right Q, but we made plans for our first anniversary.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I have been excited about Expo since I left the last one... June 2012 can not come fast enough!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I will never make anotherExpo ever again. They're always going to be on my anniversary.
    First anniversary, I understand but not EVERY. ;)

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    I might give Greg a heart attack but since Spring will be my last semester before I get my degree I absolutely plan on doing either Expo or Shindig unless something super serious comes up.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    <3
  • I really should make it out for another event at some point =/
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    I really should make it out for another event at some point =/
    Me too.
    so Expo is NOT the last weekend in June this year. noted
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Re: ICSP - La Marche is apparently the following week. We may need a volunteer to dress as a red dwarf.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Of COURSE they announce it for the weekend after ICSP after we've finally set the date for everything. Oh well.
  • timuchantimuchan Fishers, IN Icrontian
    Can't wait for June! I have a friend that wants to come after I told him about it. The planning commences!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @timuchan Awesome!
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Can we change the date? Has anyone already got tickets/time off, etc?