Draft League 2012

SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
edited March 2012 in Community
News:
ICNY - The unofficial official Draft League of 2012 has started and it was an amazing success if a little small scale. I have managed to fix a number of the problems that we came upon last year that made our ICOK event fizzle and suffer. Despite small hiccups such as a much smaller player base I believe the event was a success overall. All players involved were exposed to new and different strategies which I hope will increase the excitement in future events. Along with this, despite a clear scoring right now, after the tourney was over and trading commenced it appears the next event can surely be anyone's game. Good luck and see you at ICSP.

Current Score:
SpencerForHire - 18 Points
Lincoln - 12 Points
Magic - 6 Points
Wax - 6 Points
TiberiusLazarus - 6 Points
CannonFodder - 3 Points
Mertesn - 3 Points

The updated rules:
Players at the ICNY event started with 3 packs which were drafted (LRL) from the set Innistrad. This is down from the 3 sealed packs and 2 draft packs at first event attended.

At events ICSP, EPIC, and ICOK players will draft 2 packs.
1 Innistrad, 1 Dark Ascension at ICSP.
2 Dark Ascension at EPIC.
1 Dark Ascension, 1 Avacyn Restored at ICOK.

New players starting at ICSP will have the option to start with up to 3 sealed packs.
New players starting at EPIC will have the option to start with up to 4 sealed packs.
New players starting at ICOK will have the option to start with up to 5 sealed packs.
The goal of this rule is to create a smaller deficit for players joining us later in the season. Players are not obligated to start with any number of sealed packs but are given the option so that they may have a better chance of being competitive with long running league-rs.

Scoring is the same for events and overall for the league. Event league determines the individual event winner and the winner of the one additional pack to be added to that player's pool. Ties at events will be handled in a best of 3 tiebreaker match. Ties for first place at ICOK will be handled at a best of 3 tiebreaker match as well.
Winning a match awards 3 points towards your "season score".
Tieing a match awards 1 point towards your "season score".
Losing a match awards 0 points towards your "season score".

The new award for players winning a season is being able to carry over a single card from their previous pool to the new years pool. The unofficial official winner of last year was TiberiusLazarus.

Card pool changes rules:
Players may only alter their card pool in one of three ways. Being the winner of the previous year awards one card to your card pool. This card can only be added once and never changed once added. This card can only be added when trading would be allowed.
Trading is only allowed in the time period after the previous event has been finished until players sit down at the table and begin drafting for the next event. No trading is allowed during an official event.
The last way in which a card pool may be manipulated is with the induction of cards from an official draft league event (not to be confused with other Icrontic run drafts that may occur outside of the league. The cards added to the pool per an event and are listed above. These cards included drafted cards and prize pack.

If there are any questions about the new rules or if you feel I may have left something out please let me know!

Comments

• SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited March 2012
    Current score (Post ICSP):
    SpencerForHire - 18 Points
    Lincoln - 12 Points
    Magic - 6 Points
    Wax - 6 Points
    TiberiusLazarus - 6 Points
    CannonFodder - 3 Points
    Mertesn - 3 Points

Slight booster modification...
    2 Dark Ascension at ICSP
    1 Dark Ascension, 1 Avacyn Restored at EPIC
    2 Avacyn Restored at ICOK

(Could an admin update the initial post.) Thank you.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Done