Supermicro 4-Socket G34 Folding for Team Icrontic

2»

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    @aliasvee How do you like that case?
  • The Xigmatek Elysium is very easy to work with, it has plenty of space, it is also cool and quiet and is located in my home office 24/7. But for such major motherboard it must be modified slightly.
  • Hi there,
    I am folding for the hardware.no team 37651, as -alias-

This is my new G34 rig that I built recently. The case had to be modified a little, and so had the CPU coolers, but all together it works fine and are very silent, and in my opinion it looks not bad either.

- Xigmatek Elysium case
    - Tyan S8812 Motherboard
    - 4 x Opteron 6272 CPU
    - Antec Kühler H2O 620
    - 64Gb Corsair 1600MHz RAM
    - Chieftec BPS-950C 80 PLUS Silver
    - OCZ 2.5 "Flash Disc / SSD 60GB Agility
    Hi,
    I have the S8812 and 4x 6272 but the system does not start...do I need some extra settings to use teh 6272 with this board (bios, jumpers etc. ?) I upgraded from 12 core CPUs.
    Thanks in advance!

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    When you write "won't start," what do you mean? Do any fans spin, any motherboard beeps, any lights?

What PSU are you using? Do have 8-pin power applied to both of the motherboard's EPS12V ports?
  • Thanks Leonardo-
    I have not yet updated the BIOS, I guess that's the reason...I only got some LEDs blinking, which are not even mentioned in the manual.However, before I flash the bios I want to be sure that the 6272 work at all on this board, because on the tyan homepage, only he 6274 is listed (http://www.tyan.com/support_download_cpu2_amd.aspx?socketid=24). Did anyone encounter problems with compatibility of the 6272s and the s8812 yet ?
    Thanks in advance!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    I don't believe anyone here has 6272s. Our Folders, as far as I know, who use 6-series AMD server CPUs, gave Magny Cours, 61XX.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    http://www.amdzone.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=139106 seems to indicate that you can use 6272 with S8812