Anybody into cars here?

doabarrellrolldoabarrellroll San Jose, CA Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Lifestyle
Hey everybody, I just joined and wanted to see if anybody is into cars at all.

I've been trying to combine my love of tech junk and cars for a while now and thought I might find some like minded people.

Maybe I'll attach some screenshots of my engine tuning/ROM burning to my ECU and all that.

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Welcome to Icrontic, barrell! Yes, we have a good amount of people into cars here. For a tech website, a surprising amount, actually. Or maybe not. It seems that our desire to constantly upgrade harkens back to caveman days. Computers, cars, they lend themselves very well to upgrading.

Hang out and enjoy. We're a fun bunch. :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    There are lots of car people here. Tons. @BuddyJ, @Pseudonym, @Gargoyle, @Ghoosdum, the list goes on and on. Being in Detroit, I'm a bit of a closet car guy myself (there was a time I entertained the idea of going for ASM certification and becoming a mechanic), so once in a while I write about auto stuff happening in my hometown:

To Nashville in a Fiat

Mopar's Big Day in Center Line

Denso Start/Stop

and so on. Welcome to Icrontic :)

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Here's the Cars you've owned throughout the years thread, wherein many members posted pics of their automotive history.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Oh man, I keep forgetting to get my long sordid car tale into that thread, @GHoosdum.

I do have a post in the old Web Garage thread, though. Straight outta 2003. Here's the main post on my Volvo. Scroll up to watch the disaster unfold from the beginning with grainy old QVGA cell phone pics.