Interest in a Creative Megabuild Server?

AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut?Meechigan Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Minecraft
I've been contemplating firing up a server with the 1.2 snapshot (and eventual release) which includes an additional build limit, which would allow for structures 192 above sea level (or in the case of a superflat gen, 250).

Anyone here have any interest in something like that (no dicks)?

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    Any build restrictions besides stated, just have at it?
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    If you do, kindly count the squares between sea-level and the top of the build box.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    I would hope we would all get together and try some group megaproject as well, but yeah, outside of that I wouldn't really put any restrictions on it. Obv. it would be under my control so I could just wipe the world if there was a 'problem'.

Midga - I would set it up as "superflat" which starts at 5 (4 grass, then bedrock below), which gives an ultimate build height of 250m.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    How would you have any resources?
    edited February 2012
    Creative mode. Unlimited Resources + Flying
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Ah right... doh.
    Looking at the revision history, it looks like some of the bugs will still cause some heavy frustration. Maybe in the next build I'll start thinking about firing it up.

I mean, I'll probably fire it up, anyway. I was just wondering if people were interested in joining me.

It looks like the build-height limit is not locked anymore, either, so an admin could choose to set the build-limit to 512 or even higher (though draw distance could cause a problem for many players).
    I doubt I'd do anything on there. TBH I'm really not interested in creative mode. It'd be fun for an hour maybe, but I need the rest of the environment interaction and challenges to keep me interested.
    I get that. I like running creative from time to time when I just want to build something, or experiment with a redstone gadget without having to worry about getting blown up or shot.
  • I like running creative from time to time when I just want to build something, or experiment with a redstone gadget without having to worry about getting blown up or shot.
    ^

Could be fun to have a place to try out some redstone and minecart creations with others before trying to implement them in the standard ic server.

• BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    I'm sorta interested.

Would prefer if we could make some epic group project on the current survival server but would be down for this.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    (no dicks)
    Pass.
    (no dicks)
    Pass.
    I knew what the general tone of your response would be as soon as I saw the email. :)
  • GotVGotV Blue Springs, MO Member
    Interested. I'd love to help with any mega builds.
    I like running creative from time to time when I just want to build something, or experiment with a redstone gadget without having to worry about getting blown up or shot.
    ^

Could be fun to have a place to try out some redstone and minecart creations with others before trying to implement them in the standard ic server.

I'm sorta interested.

Would prefer if we could make some epic group project on the current survival server but would be down for this.
    Prototyping is a whole other story. It'd be great for that. Even major projects I'd rather see on the SMP server, though.

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    (no dicks)
    Pass.
    I knew what the general tone of your response would be as soon as I saw the email. :)
    :P

Honestly, I really don't care just as long as people respect the creations of others (i.e. No putting dicks in the middle of someone's Helms Deep).
  • There's so much giggity in that last post.
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian

This. I'd love to clear out an area where I can test out contraptions and structures, and possibly plan pixel art without having to worry about resources. And I'd definitely spend some time creating megaobjects with everyone. I'd spend the majority of my time on Ardi's server still, but I'd definitely be up for playing on a creative server.
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    Would definetly be interested in this !! Mostly for testing any redstone creations as most are saying
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I personally would LOVE a creative mode "sandbox" to test things out together. While we can always start our own private Creative Mode level, a multiplayer creative mode would let us mess with stuff together, show off ideas, etc.

Let me know when/if the server goes up. I'm itching to try this out.
    Looking at the changelogs and buglists, I'm going to wait until things are a bit more stable before firing this up. There are still quite a few game-breaking bugs that would cause great amounts of annoyance/grief at this point.

I've also contemplated firing it up under 1.1 with the existing build-limit, but I don't know how the build-limit changes would affect things when the version updates.