Xp 3200 or Athlon 64? (for games)

2»

Comments

• DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2004
    You're right Keto, I was thinking about another budget board... I've been looking at a lot of offerings.. hehehe, Via site says the PT800 supports HT, so does the US Biostar website: http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=p4vtb
  • edited February 2004
    Gnome, do you see any motherboards available on newegg that should be pretty safe? I was looking at your MSI and the Gigabyte GA-K8VNXP but they're both out of stock.

Here's the list: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?catalog=22&DEPA=1&submit=property&mfrcode=0&propertycode=&propertycodevalue=4936
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    the MSI is back instock for 95 bucks at newegg I am very tempted to get another one! Its a one day sale so I hope you see this
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-449&depa=0

Yes i am Gnome just name change I guess its kinda growing up phase!
  • edited February 2004
    I think you get way more for your money with radeon 9600 rather than 9800. The 9600 has more headroom for OC'ing to bring it up to near 9800 speeds and is stable.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2004
    if he goes ati. I know on newegg the evga fx5900se card is only 180 with Call of duty and rocks! I couldnt be any more happier with the performance increase i got over my 9600XT when i switched to the 5900se and its cheap!

Its as fast as my 9700 pro I had
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited February 2004
    Dog Soldier,

Check out www.pricenetwork.ca first. It's sort of the pricewatch.com for Canadians.

www.anitec.ca is a good store with very competitive prices in Vancouver, BC. I assume since you put CAD dollars that you are wanting to pay in Canuck bucks. (Which I lovingly refer to as the Canadian Peso)
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited February 2004
    Bookmarked them both. anitec beats the lowest priced retailer here by about $10 for a P4 2.8c and $6 for a P4P800. Thanks MM.
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited February 2004
    I go to Anitec all the time. They are reputable. The lowest I've found overall for everyday prices.
  • edited August 2005
    Templar wrote:
    You should at least through a 9800 Pro in there. Only $275.00 USD now.

anyone out there.
    what OS are you using for your amd 64.
    i'm trying to figure out what to use myself.
    I am considering windows xp64bit edition for my amd machine, but would prefer to take a second, third, or four opinion..
    thanx :D
  • edited August 2005
    hey there. what type of antivirus are u running for you system.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited November 2005
    I will say that I am running a 64bit system and there is NO WAY IN HELL i am going back!

You said it brother..!!! Right on.!! :kneel: