Tribes: Ascend is the perfect FPS for gamers who want to go fast

14567810»

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    We've all been going slow for a long time now.

Kind of makes me want to give the game a try again.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian

I had heard that Hi-Rez was working on it again and I just now got an email saying so. I am curious.

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

@RahnalH102 said:
    I had heard that Hi-Rez was working on it again and I just now got an email saying so. I am curious.

There a "view this email online" link you can share?

-Digi

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited December 2015

The email isn't much.

But this news post from Hi-Rez is.

Notables are that there are 3 new maps, weapons and vehicles have been rebalanced, and there is now a armor/loadout system instead of the class system.

“With the new armor selection system in place of classes we have brought full loadout customization to Tribes:Ascend for the first time. The new baseline default loadout bring back the classic Disk + Chain + Grenade Launcher combination. ”

Do I get to keep all my Devastator Gear with this class removal?

I'd hate to have to start from scratch after all that time (and money)

edited December 2015

Went looking on Steam. A fellow going by "Rukrio" posted this review yesterday:

Yesterday, the game had the aptly named "Out of the blue" update, which was being made behind the scenes with help from the Tribes community being the testers for... and oh man is it a doozy. everything is fine tuned, or changed up, aside from the maps, which only have the addition of 3 more to the roster, but they're still the same aside from the tweaks that affect the game with the update.

the main thing you need to know is this: the old classes got kicked out. instead, it's simplified to 3 armor types that can pick and choose weapons and gear from thier weight class... if this sounds familiar, that's cause you're a Tribes vet. each of the 3 armor classes have thier upsides and downsides such as the tradeoffs of survivability vs speed, as well as what weapons and gear each class can use (heavies can't bring snipers, and lightweights can't bring heavy weapons or use spinfusor discs or discos/fractal nades). in addition, you can bring 3 weapons, but with another hitch: you are limited to bringing one of each weapon class. (heavies can bring 4 weapons total instead of 3, btw).

TL;DR, this is the best chance to possibly get back into tribes, and give it another go... and before you think of it being P2W... the weapon upgrades are gone. when you unlock a new thing, what you see is what you get.

PS: any exp and gold spent has been refunded, and if you have gold, you will have access to the entire armory.
    Also, it's worth noting that they no longer expect to make more money from tribes. All dev costs of T:A are being covered by Smite now. fancy that!

Oh hell yeah. Who wants to go fast tomorrow?

I want to go fast, but my internet can't. As in it will take me a bit to download it. Once that's done though, I'm game.