Tribes: Ascend is the perfect FPS for gamers who want to go fast

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    So yeah my laptop can run Tribes like a dream and I've been playing it pretty much nonstop since I got it installed and I'm having the best time ever with it anyone up for an IC Tribes night sometime this week?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    For those just getting into Going fast or wishing for some Bootination while playing on Steam... For the next 13 hours the Tribes: Ascend - Steam Starter Pack is on sale for $5.

It is good for going fast,

-Digi
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    So... we never gave users names so we can friend each other. Mine is "qch2002"
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    QCH said:

So... we never gave users names so we can friend each other. Mine is "qch2002"

People did on the first and second page of comments, didn't check beyond that.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    do we need to exchange user names since its on steam now?
    edited July 2012
    Alright so our first planned game was a huge success for a few hours Icrontic players made up the majority of Diamond Sword and unless my memory fails me from all the awesome we won every match we participated in including our last 2 games where the game felt so stacked in the enemy teams favour that it took us well over 20 minutes to make a comeback let alone win.

I really hope we can start getting more Icrontians in on these as we go it would be awesome if we could fill an entire team.

Odds are I'm going to arrange another one tomorrow after work bar injury so keep your eyes open!

EDIT: As I'm the one arranging these games if you don't have any other Icrontians added or you're just picking the game up you can add my username Ilriyas, we'd love to have you join us!
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    It was fun chasing down the flag carrier :) I even had a 206 sanic grab!
    edited July 2012

It was fun chasing down the flag carrier :) I even had a 206 sanic grab!

You also kicked me off the flag when I was playing HoF hundreds of times when you were on the other team, holy crap you're accurate with the bolt launcher! :P
    You were doing a good enough job of it that I switched to flag chaser instead :) I hate those stupid force fields...
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    If you are looking to pick up a new class, there is the Raider pack on sale for $7.50 on Steam

-Digi
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Perfect voice reference: http://80.237.153.69/tasc/tribesvgs.pdf
    Lynx is VGCA. VGRW... VGN. VGVT.
    UPSLynx
    VGY VGN...VGRD...
    Holy balls.

primesuspect
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I'm not worthy.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    So...Many...Sanics
    ... the precision shown in that video boggles my mind.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    Yowza. Can you pull a move like that trick with the building on a lot of the maps? I thought "what is he doing" until it worked.
    EMT said:

Yowza. Can you pull a move like that trick with the building on a lot of the maps? I thought "what is he doing" until it worked.

I'm pretty sure you can, but rarely is it useful in the way you see with that video.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I'd like to see him try it with my fatass on the flag. All that velocity translated directly into damage would flatten him. :-)
    That flag cap... my god.

I'm down to play tonight.
    There was some talk of Sunday nights in the other thread. (I can't make it tonight)
    Oh just kidding, LOEI TF2 is tomorrow night. Carry on.
    edited February 2013
    ill try to be on around 10pm EST. feel free to join me.
    Nvm. The whole Tribes through Steam thing is just stupid. After I get it installed on Steam, it has to go through the Hi-Rez updater crap which always just freezes up.

Stupid.
    y u mad tho
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    UPSWeezer said:

Nvm. The whole Tribes through Steam thing is just stupid. After I get it installed on Steam, it has to go through the Hi-Rez updater crap which always just freezes up.

Stupid.

You're doing it wrong.
    I uninstalled it for a 2nd time and reinstalled. Works now. Let's play tonight!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian

primesuspectIlriyasUPSLynx