Planetside 2 Discussion

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited April 2012 in Gaming
Anyone looking forward to Planetside 2 or maybe in the Beta yet?

MMO FPS gigantic servers. Free To Play.

http://www.planetside2.com

It looks cool. I would like to try it out. There were Beta keys in the April issue of PCGamer but I didn't obtain that info until the May issues hit the shelves. If anyone has a copy of April's PCGamer and does not plan to use the key, I can has? (my Boss who brought this to my attn is on the hunt also if there are two of you willing to share.)

-Digi

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I cannot wait for this game. I spent two years on PlanetSide and loved every minute of it.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Meh. Planetside was an awesome concept, but SOE was crap at delivering on the stuff they promised, and ran the game into the dirt. If it had gotten picked up by someone else I might be interested. Granted I haven't played anything they've had their fingers in for years, so it's possible they've done a 180° and I don't know about it, but SOE has yet to make a good impression on me.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Planetside was great when it came out, one the first MMOs I ever tried. The years took a toll on the game unfortunately with every other person blatantly hacking... I hope they make the second one awesome.

Now if only SOE can learn from its mistakes..[Don't hold your breath]

• d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    I played Planetside for years on the original. I signed up for the beta on 3 different emails when went out and bought PC Gamer for the "VIP Beta Tester" key. Still haven't seen hide nor hair of an invite to the game. I will probably drop off the face of the planet here soon, PS2 (Hopefully), Diablo 3, and Salem.
    PlanetSide 2 was delayed until the 2H of this year from a March launch, which is why you haven't heard much about the beta yet. :)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    :Happy Dance:

Got a beta code from a friend's PCGamer today. Still on the lookout for another if anyone's got the hookup/April PCGamer.

-Digi
    The Website is showing "Under Maintenance" currently...

Could be an update announcement coming... could just be maintenance.

-Digi
    Got my hardware survey email a couple days ago.

/me crosses fingers

-Digi
    I just went and checked my email, apparently Planetside was getting sent to spam. I just got my survey as well, I also forgot I had 13k station cash laying around.
  • Signed up.
    edited July 2012
    Miss-post,

stay tuned

-Digi
    edited July 2012
    //EDIT:

Just got a beta priority access key. WOOT.
    Thrax said:

//EDIT:

Just got a beta priority access key. WOOT.

As in you are now playing? Or just have the Beta Key?
    Also I love that they have added the autokills when deploying from space if you land really close to an enemy. Best way to make an entrance
    Beta starts today or tomorrow according to Gamespy
    Apparently that has been open information since the 25th. Not sure how I missed that

-Digi
    I'm not sure how you missed it either?! That's why I asked what faction you were gonna play!
    VS All the Way, but if everyone else wants to do some other faction I suppose I could survive changing from my PS1 alma mater
    It is tuesday, anyone happen to get in yet? Or are they failing at releasing on time.
    Survey says!?! They are failing to release on time.

John Smedley ‏@j_smedley
    Beta likely going to start Friday or Monday.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    edited August 2012
    Looks like the first wave of Betas will go to Currently Subscribed Planetside 1 veterans (more than a week of sub from the sound). Next wave goes to the Priority Beta Access (from PC Gamer). Then to anyone subbed to Planetside 1. Then into randomized waves of people.

Looks like they missed on their "Deadline" for beta release last night and should be going live some time tonight. No ETA for the next waves other than Blizzard Style Soon(tm).

And you must have registered for the Beta as a vet to get in, they don't assume.
    The beta went live last Wednesday, because I played several hours over the weekend. I'm not sure that information is accurate.

I played PS1 for years, but haven't had an active sub for twice as long. I also registered into the beta with a priority access code.
    How did you get in already if you only had the Priority Beta Key, assuming this is the one from PC Gamer? I am a PS1 Vet and have the Priority Beta Key as well and I got nothing.
    I have no idea if it's the one from PC Gamer. I got it from a contact of mine on Twitter.
    grumble grumble grumble!
    Well the Beta officially started this morning:

The Planetside 2 beta has started.
    -Digi
    Only for certain people (not me).
    Just got my invite today.
    d3k0y said:

Just got my invite today.

And here I sit with my bowl of Jelly.

-Digi
    This is the PS1 vet beta invite set if I remember correctly. 1-2 weeks until the Priority Beta Key set.